Amelia's Landing in Sept or Oct '12?

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Jay - what's the best time for a trip there? The Colorado Pilots recently flew to Fredricksburg, your place isn't that much farther, considering.

My preference is mid Sept or early Oct, but no one ever pays any attention to me.

Jay - what's the best time for a trip there? The Colorado Pilots recently flew to Fredricksburg, your place isn't that much farther, considering.

My preference is mid Sept or early Oct, but no one ever pays any attention to me.

Cool!

Well, a few questions. Would you prefer to be here during an event, so that your group has something to do other than fish, golf, eat, and drink? (Well, and sun bathe.)

For example, "Mustang Fest" will be held October 6th and 7th this year. It's a huge gathering of Ford Mustangs (they convoy here from up north), and much of it takes place near the airport. It's a lot of fun, and would give your group something unusual to see/do.

Of course, it's well attended, and can make it harder than normal to get into restaurants, etc. If that's more important to you, then you might wish to avoid that weekend?

Same goes for big fishing tournaments. If you're thinking of booking a charter fishing trip for the group -- a VERY popular thing, here -- you may wish to avoid (for example) September 14 - 15, which is the IFA Redfish Tournament.

FOR SURE you do not want to come October 26 -27, which is the Harvest Moon Regatta -- the largest sailing competition on the Gulf of Mexico, with Port Aransas as the finish line. It is HUGELY attended, and you guys wouldn't be able to get a table at any restaurant for your group.

So, you tell me -- do you want to come here when it's busy, and there's a happening event in town to keep your guys busy? Or would you rather come on a quiet weekend, and make your own noise? :D

Whatever you choose, be aware that we will sell out every weekend until Thanksgiving. It is therefore a good idea to book as far in advance as possible.

Also be aware that we cannot extend our usual IFR cancellation policy to a group, so you would all have to live with our standard 72 hour cancellation policy. As much as we love to do fly-ins, we're too small to put an entire weekend at risk due to IFR weather which, although rare, does occasionally happen.

That all said, bring 'em down! Our courtesy cars are waiting!

Back