AME in Phonix, Arizona

U

Unregistered

Hello all. In preparing to begin PP training I have decided to get the 3rd class taken care of before I start training or at least early in the process. I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Can anyone recommend an AME? I found the list that the FAA provides but the names have no particular significance. If there is a doc someone could recommend I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hello all. In preparing to begin PP training I have decided to get the 3rd class taken care of before I start training or at least early in the process. I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Can anyone recommend an AME? I found the list that the FAA provides but the names have no particular significance. If there is a doc someone could recommend I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Bryman.

http://www.drbryman.com/index.htm

Good idea getting it first, you wouldn't want to spend a bunch of money on flight training and then find out you have a disqualifying condition.

Thanks.

This might help you select a really GOOD AME

Definition of a Good AME:

• Is a pilot himself
  • Isn't an AME just because it sounds cool to have the additional accreditation on his shingle.
  • Is a Senior AME (with a closet full of BTDT T-shirts) who will be a true advocate for his airmen.
  • Has the OKC Offices on speed dial
  • Knows the all of the Senior examiners (the 5 or 6 big swinging Docs) by first name.
  • Prefers to take charge and issue the more challenging certificates "in office" rather than defer and let someone else "deal with it".
  • Is not afraid to use said speed dial to reach out to said senior examiner and obtain permission to complete the said "in office" issuance.

Thank you! I took a look at his website - he seems to know his stuff.

you wouldn't want to spend a bunch of money on flight training and then find out you have a disqualifying condition.

Indeed. I do have a range and motion issue that was waived the last time. I suspect it will come up again. So that I am not delayed waiting for a waiver I figure it is best to take care of the medical earlier rather than 15 hours into training.

Thanks again for the comments.

Thank you! I took a look at his website - he seems to know his stuff.

Indeed. I do have a range and motion issue that was waived the last time. I suspect it will come up again. So that I am not delayed waiting for a waiver I figure it is best to take care of the medical earlier rather than 15 hours into training.

Thanks again for the comments.

Good luck with that - Western Pacific has gotten pretty nutty on that stuff.

He did my 3rd class when I started flying. I heard that he's pretty limited now and that he doesn't have either of those office locations anymore, but rather one in Northwest Phoenix like North 101 and 87th ave or something like that. I'd give him a call.

I wish he still had the SDL office, I work right there :(

but rather one in Northwest Phoenix like North 101 and 87th ave or something like that. I'd give him a call.

You are correct he did consolidate. Bryman is now located at: 20414 N. 27th ave. I see him on April 20th.

You are correct he did consolidate. Bryman is now located at: 20414 N. 27th ave. I see him on April 20th.

I saw him there in Feb, he is sharing office space with John Raniolo, another good AME

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back