AME as PCP

corjulo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Corjulo
I know this has been talked about before but I didn't follow the thread. Is having your AME also as your primary care physician a good idea? I really like my AME.

I've seen this post before, too. You do not want your Primary Care Physician as your AME. Suffice it to say, yes, the question has been posted and the consensus was essentially what I have recalled here.

Jim

I'm not sure there was concensus, maybe a majority.:) I use my AME as my general care doc. Maybe because I'm in good health and don't have that much to do with the system. Now problems yet. And I can't see why there would be.

I'm leaning toward doing it. My logic goes like this. If my PCP does find something the FAA should know about then I have no choice but to list it. So what difference does it make. By the same token, if something does develop that would need a FAA approval then who better to make certain everything is properly handled then your AME also acting as your PCP.

Am I missing something?

corjulo said:
I'm leaning toward doing it. My logic goes like this. If my PCP does find something the FAA should know about then I have no choice but to list it. So what difference does it make. By the same token, if something does develop that would need a FAA approval then who better to make certain everything is properly handled then your AME also acting as your PCP.

Am I missing something?
Seems logical to me. I wouldn't play games like witholding info, either. It would eliminate communication lags and problems.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with my PCP, who is not an AME. If I was looking, though, it would be a consideration.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back