Amazon Smile

momalley

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
momalley
Logged onto my Amazon account this morning and got a popup about Amazon Smile. It seems that they will donate 0.5% of your purchases to a charity of your choice when you shop at http://smile.amazon.com

A nice convenient way to donate to your favorite aviation related charity, all at no additional costs to you.

They have most if not all of the Angel Flight charies as well as Cloud Nine Rescue Flight.

That's a nice corporate gesture. However, I'd question whether the donation would be "0.5%" or 5%. 0.5% would be a rather slim donation as opposed to a 5% donation and would cost more to process than the cash value of the good faith. $125.00 purchase would generate a donation of 62.5 cents; 5% = $6.25.

HR

Last edited:
That's a nice corporate gesture. However, I'd question whether the donation would be "0.5%" or 5%. 0.5% would be a rather slim donation as opposed to a 5% donation and would cost more to process than the cash value of the good faith. $125.00 purchase would generate a donation of 62.5 cents; 5% = $6.25.

HR

It is 0.5%. Object is volume. Your 62 cents times (hopefully) hundreds of people is substantial. Not much processing, pretty much like interest at the bank, all done in software, and transferred to the charity on a periodic basis not on each transaction.

I probably purchase $4,000+/yr from Amazon, so $20+ to the charity of my choice. I don't think anyone would turn that away

Last edited:
Back