Amazing New LSA...

Armageddon Aviator

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Alon Smolarski
This sexy bird is currently under development in Slovenia.

http://www.aveosmartplanes.com/

Apart from its beautiful design, it also comes with a stunning glass cockpit !

I don't know when it will hit the market but I sure would like to get one for the next Christmas ! :yes:

Looks cool enough.
I couldn't find any details on the 'emergency ram air turbine' though.

OK, the Smart Yoke is cool, but some things shouldn't be there. Who wants to have to bring up a menu to flip lights on and off? :no: Checklists, Home base, etc. are good.

I don't think a touchscreen is so great. Unless it's as good as the iPhone's. I've never had another touchscreen device that really worked all that well, plus it means the screen will always be dirty. Yuck.

Sure is a sharp-lookin' plane though! Although, the winglets on the high-wing look odd, probably because I've never seen such a thing.

Looks cool enough.
I couldn't find any details on the 'emergency ram air turbine' though.
That's a wind-powered generator for use if the alternator dies. Don't know on this airplane, but typically it will pop out of a cavity in the fuselage or at the wing root. What details are you looking for?

Who really wants all the avionics to be proprietary, made by a new and unknown airframe manufacturer that may or may not exist in ten years?

Otherwise, it's a sharp looking airplane.

This sounds pretty cool - "AveoBlackBox digital impact-resistant flight data recorder."

Hey Adam...

I really don't mind, Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza...whatever - as long as you get me that airplane...:yes:

That's a wind-powered generator for use if the alternator dies. Don't know on this airplane, but typically it will pop out of a cavity in the fuselage or at the wing root. What details are you looking for?

Oh, one of those. Thanks. That's enough for the time being for me.

All that computer/sensor stuff is OK but I wouldn't want it at all unless it can be over ridden in a flash, especially the CG feature.

I don't think a touchscreen is so great. Unless it's as good as the iPhone's. I've never had another touchscreen device that really worked all that well, plus it means the screen will always be dirty. Yuck.

My problem with touchscreens as small as this one is trying to "punch in" the correct frequency or touch the correct button in turbulence... it's hard enough to punch the correct button on analog avionics in turbulence, even when steadying your hand with your pinky or something on a knob...

Back