Am I stuck with the same AME

comanche

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Comanche
I am rather premature asking this question as I have not received word yet that my medical for sleep apnea has been approved. I am confident it will be as the doctor, A diplomat in sleep medicine wrote an extremely detailed and positive report.

I feel the AME I used for my physical obtained a personal satisfaction in flunking me. He was not the least bit friendly and I left his office rather peod.

Twice I have received letters from the medical certification branch and each time he received a copy of the correspondence. Fast forward Lets say I do receive the Special Issuance. I know I have to have go to an AME annualy for recertification. Am I able to go to any AME or must I go back to the one I started with?

You are permitted to vote with your feet.

Situations like yours is why Peoria has become the aviation medical version of Mecca

Vote with your feet AND your dollars.

If I were having trouble with a medical issue, I'd rather pay Doc Bruce than anyone even remotely unhelpful or unkind.

Why waste resources on people like that?

Not all people, pilots, and AMEs are created alike.

Your medical is yours, not your AME's. If you don't think you're getting a fair shake from your current AME, find another.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back