Sold Altimatic IIIc Autopilot

NealRomeoGolf

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
NRG
I've got a full Altimatic IIIC autopilot sitting in my basement. I need to get rid of it. Will take $750. Can provide pics as needed.

Part numbers:
1C493 - glideslope coupler
1C535-1 - altitude hold module
1C725 - altitude hold assembly
1D720 - mode selector
1C363-1-269R - roll servo
1C508-1-529R - pitch servo
1C373-6-677 - trim servo
1C388 - radio coupler
1C709-16 - pitch trim amplifier
1C515-1 - amplifier

Typical phrase: was working when removed from airplane.

Thought I was the only one with airplane parts in the house. Got airforms baffle seals that's been sitting on the dog crate for 3 months.

I've got a full Altimatic IIIC autopilot sitting in my basement. I need to get rid of it. Will take $750. Can provide pics as needed.

Part numbers:
1D720 - mode selector
1C373-6-677 - trim servo
1C388 - radio coupler
1C515-1 - amplifier

NRG…do you have the pressure sensor?

@NealRomeoGolf & @Jim K
Which aircraft did these come out of? Make/Model/Year?

I am interested but the servos are likely only going to match based on aircraft.
@Jim K - Do you have the part numbers for the Altitude Hold Module and the Radio Coupler that you have?

@NealRomeoGolf & @Jim K
Which aircraft did these come out of? Make/Model/Year?

I am interested but the servos are likely only going to match based on aircraft.
@Jim K - Do you have the part numbers for the Altitude Hold Module and the Radio Coupler that you have?
We both have PA-32R-300 Lances, so all our part numbers are the same. '77 & '76 respectively. I didn't mean to crap on his thread LOL. His was more functional than mine was anyway.

I would probably be lucky to match on only a couple of the items. The glideslope coupler is the only item I am sure is a match for me. My Radio Coupler is the "-2" with a different Altitude Hold Module part # and the servos are all likely different based on the aircraft being different. I do not know which amplifiers I have.

Thanks for both posts and all the info. I will pass on it and let somebody else pick it up that has better matching.

I wonder if they will go into a Comanche 250. I have one of those really ancient autopilots (I think Altimatic I) so the III would be an upgrade. I'll check with my mechanic what he thinks.

Part numbers:
1D720 - mode selector
1C373-6-677 - trim servo
1C388 - radio coupler
1C515-1 - amplifier

Hi - I may be interested in your Atimatic IIIc. What aircraft did it come out of?
Thanks,
Wayne

Oh well. 50K Garmin here I come.....the handwriting is on the wall anyway......
I might be interested in your old parts after your upgrade if you were not keeping them as souvenirs? I am trying to put off a major AP upgrade as long as possible. What year is your Seneca?

Part numbers:
1D720 - mode selector
1C373-6-677 - trim servo
1C388 - radio coupler
1C515-1 - amplifier

I have a 77 Lance. I'm looking for the servos for pitch and trim. Anyone have them still available?

Thanks

What aircraft did it come out of?

We both have PA-32R-300 Lances, so all our part numbers are the same. '77 & '76 respectively. I didn't mean to crap on his thread LOL. His was more functional than mine was anyway.
What did you guys put in and how do you like it?

-another Lance owner

Seems like an exact match. I'm interested in the whole set of parts. I could use some spares. Send me a chat with contact info please.

My roll and turn works perfectly, but anything can break at any time. Having spares makes me feel better about not doing a full replacement.

If I can get my altitude hold working again I'll be able to keep it for a while longer until new certified autopilots become available. I'm not thrilled with the current choices.

What did you guys put in and how do you like it?

-another Lance owner
We both now have GFC 500s. We both love them. Although I love mine more because I put in a yaw damper and @Jim K didn't. I remind him of that all the time.

We both now have GFC 500s. We both love them. Although I love mine more because I put in a yaw damper and @Jim K didn't. I remind him of that all the time.
Yaw dampers are for lazy pilots who have too much money and can't use their feet :biggrin:

GFC 500 worth every penny for real though.

Yaw dampers are for lazy pilots who have too much money and can't use their feet :biggrin:

GFC 500 worth every penny for real though.
Which one of us has a tailwheel endorsement, including Stearman time? :p

Thanks. Was installed cost about the avionics standard (I.e. twice equipment cost)?

Thanks. Was installed cost about the avionics standard (I.e. twice equipment cost)?
More or less. The autopilot hardware was around 11500. 2500 for a second g5. 12k labor. 0 regrets.

Back