Along with the gun thread, what about ammo?

Earthroamer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Earthroamer
I have been using this company lately. I really enjoy the fact that I can have the thud power and not go thru three houses with my higher powered handguns.

http://www.rbcd.net/

90 gr bullet in a .45 ACP?!? I guess over penatration wouldn't be as big an issue as with 230gr hardball ammo! Would that ammo feed reliably in a semi-auto?

Frank Browne said:
90 gr bullet in a .45 ACP?!? I guess over penatration wouldn't be as big an issue as with 230gr hardball ammo! Would that ammo feed reliably in a semi-auto?
But it's traveling at 2046 fps. I can't believe that is shot from a handgun. They list the 60 grain 9mm as traveling at 2010 fps.

Need more info.

I never heard of this stuff. For self defense, modern Jacketed Hollowpoint ammo is the best. I like "mid weight" bullets for each caliber. Meaning something in the middle of the recommended bullet weights for that specific calliber. For 9MM 115 or 124 grain is my choice. For 5 inch 1911's, 230 grain for shorter 1911's, 185 grain. Actually 230 grain is on the heavier side for .45, but the 1911 was specifically designed for this load. Cavalry gun to put down horses and Moros. :)

Anthony said:
I never heard of this stuff. For self defense, modern Jacketed Hollowpoint ammo is the best. I like "mid weight" bullets for each caliber. Meaning something in the middle of the recommended bullet weights for that specific calliber. For 9MM 115 or 124 grain is my choice. For 5 inch 1911's, 230 grain for shorter 1911's, 185 grain. Actually 230 grain is on the heavier side for .45, but the 1911 was specifically designed for this load. Cavalry gun to put down horses and Moros. :)

In 9mm I like 124 grain Federal Hydrashoks (which I can't seem to find around here) or 115 grain Corbon +Ps. I'd like to try Remington's Golden Sabers in the 9 since we've been so pleased with them in Cathy's .38, but again I can't seem to find them around here. In .45s, I like Federal's 230 grain Hydrashoks.

Back