Almost Home - - -

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Friday the 13th. The intent was to lift off from Wiscasset, Maine at 0730 to go to Concord, NH for the Skyhawk's 24 month Transponder check. 300' ceiling at Wiscasset and not much better all along the coast to Concord. It fnally broke and we departed at 0900 for the 1 hour flight, flying over the scattered clouds.

On the return trip, nice WX and about three minutes from Wiscasset I grabbed some shots of Bath, Maine; this one showing the Kennebec River and Bath Iron Works, Shipbuilder. Wiscasset Airport isn't quite visible in the trees beyond the river.

HR

EDIT: Photo #2(before arriving at the Kennebec): bypassing Portland Int. Jetport.

EDIT #2: And just a minute or so before arriving at the Kennebec it was nice to be able to fly over(or close to) the former NAS Brunswick at less than 3000 feet and without getting space clearance. It's now known as Brunswick Landing and will soon have the X removed from each 8000' runway and be opened as Maine's newest GA airport(as well as getting ready for the Kestrel Aircraft project). See Photo #3.

Attachments

• BIW 081310.jpg
    BIW 081310.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
  • Portland Int. Jetport 081310.jpg
    Portland Int. Jetport 081310.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • Brunswick Landing.jpg
    Brunswick Landing.jpg
    936.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
So that's what that was! Flew up to KIWI last month, and saw that field along the way, but didn't know the story; thanks.

Jim: Here's some data for you: http://www.mrra.us/

When we were en route from Wiscasset to Concord we were somewhere between KIWI and Portland. My photo, I suspect, is panoramic Freeport from 4500'. That must be Harraseeket Marine and Brewer's Boatyard/South Freeport Marine in the lower corner.

HR

Attachments

• Freeport, Maine.jpg
    Freeport, Maine.jpg
    899 KB · Views: 2
Back