Almost end of Flying season at 6Y9

el con

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
The Flied Piper
We may get a chance if the weather holds to fly to 6Y9 one last time for the season this weekend. Autumn colors should be good, temps around 50 degrees predicted.
The contractor is pouring footings for the WW II prison guard tower near the entrance of the Airport, so I need to check on that.
Nov.1st the cones get pulled and the windsock comes down till spring.
Thanks to all who made it up this year, and if you haven't made it yet :nono:,I hope to see you next year.:rolleyes:

Thank you for having us. Yours is a beautiful little strip, and I for one enjoyed my visit tremendously.

Thank you for having us. Yours is a beautiful little strip, and I for one enjoyed my visit tremendously.

Hey, Thanks for coming and bringing the "free bird" , hope you can make it again next year. Diz and I really appreciated your framed "gratitude" . Just coming up was nice,that was awesome.

Echoing Michael's post, thank you for re-opening 6Y9 and for hosting us all at the fly-in. I talk your place up as much as I can - hoping that more of my neighbors will check it out for themselves. (Or, return - I know at least a few were there on the Michigan Air Tour a few years back.)

Looks like it will be pretty, but cool. If I didn't have my Big Race this weekend, I'd consider a repeat visit (with perfect landing). Just itching to fly...

Just itching to fly...

Planeplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplane..........

Brad, sorry I didn't make it up this year. See you next year!

Planeplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplaneplane..........

Brad, sorry I didn't make it up this year. See you next year!

Your were doing work for a worthy cause and flying to boot. Hope to see that aztek sitting in the twin section next to Dr.Bruce's Seneca and Lance's Baron next year:D

We'll have a specific twin section of the ramp? Awesome! I'm there! :D

There is a good chance you may need a biplane section as well...

We will definetly find a special place for biplanes.
I suppose I should set up special parking/tie down for gay and straight planes also:D:D:D:D

Seriously, it would be awesome if you flew up!
Whaddayagot??

I suppose I should set up special parking/tie down for gay and straight planes also:D:D:D:D

Whaddayagot??

You are familiar with "don't ask, don't tell" are you not?

Whaddayagot??
What about bi-planes that are now mono-panes, you know, transwinged?

Whaddayagot??

Plan A is to arrive with my brother in his homebuilt Pitts. Should be interesting craming in a tent and stuff. He said he can take out the front stick and put it all in my lap. :eek:

Plan A is to arrive with my brother in his homebuilt Pitts. Should be interesting craming in a tent and stuff. He said he can take out the front stick and put it all in my lap. :eek:

To get a Pitts in:rolleyes:, I've got a tent up there you can use. Maybe we can haul your other stuff for you. I'd even buy him some fuel if he could put on a little "air show":yesnod:.

Echoing Michael's post, thank you for re-opening 6Y9 and for hosting us all at the fly-in. I talk your place up as much as I can - hoping that more of my neighbors will check it out for themselves. (Or, return - I know at least a few were there on the Michigan Air Tour a few years back.)

Looks like it will be pretty, but cool. If I didn't have my Big Race this weekend, I'd consider a repeat visit (with perfect landing). Just itching to fly...

The pleasure is ours having , you and everybody up.
Nice to see the Sooper Yooper Yankee there.
On the Michigan U.P. Air Tour, nobody landed as we did not have the specified pavement or length,but we did have a fly over and they did do a flower bomb and had some fun that way. I think the closest "bomber" might have been from over your way, a red Luscombe, Taylorcraft or something??????? I know I sent him a Prickett-Grooms cap for winning the drop.

On the Michigan U.P. Air Tour, nobody landed as we did not have the specified pavement or length,but we did have a fly over and they did do a flower bomb and had some fun that way. I think the closest "bomber" might have been from over your way, a red Luscombe, Taylorcraft or something??????? I know I sent him a Prickett-Grooms cap for winning the drop.

Red Luscombe - very likely. And that would be my friend Bob Mahieu - CFI and A&P IA. I'll have to ask. (And, see if I can get him and his wife up next year - likely each in their own plane.)

To get a Pitts in:rolleyes:, I've got a tent up there you can use. Maybe we can haul your other stuff for you. I'd even buy him some fuel if he could put on a little "air show":yesnod:.

He doesn't need much encouragement...:rofl:

And thanks for the offer - at this point we are only on plan B - we'll see what happens when the time gets closer.

Red Luscombe - very likely. And that would be my friend Bob Mahieu - CFI and A&P IA. I'll have to ask. (And, see if I can get him and his wife up next year - likely each in their own plane.)

Yep, It was Bob, I remember the name now.

Season is now officially over.
I pulled the cones and took down the windsock Oct 31st.(In the snow)
May 15th 2010 will be the reopening day next year, see ya there!

Thanks again to all who made it and those who tried (Adam Z.:yesnod:)

Back