All You Guitar Mavens . . . . . . .

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Who is he??

I don't have to know; I took the pictures.

HR

Attachments

• Photo TEST_1.jpg
    Photo TEST_1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Photo TEST_2.jpg
    Photo TEST_2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Photo TEST_3.jpg
    Photo TEST_3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Photo TEST_4.jpg
    Photo TEST_4.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
One of my classmates in Radio, Television & Theatre school(class of '64) was the guitarist's original Road Manager. That'll give you some idea of the history of this big-time Rocker. ?????????????????

HR

From that I can conclude he is old. :rofl:

Well, your sons and daughters probably wouldn't reel off his hit recordings, but he surely hasn't lost the touch. He does jazz("Flyin' Home", even without Benny Goodman and Lionel Hampton, was terrific; and blues? -- oh my -- it was shades of Lucille(the guitar). More guesses?

HR

EDIT: It just occurred to me that he could do a stand-in for Johnathan Winters, yes?

Last edited:
The closest guess I have is Duke Robillard.

The closest guess I have is Duke Robillard.

I've been waiting for Deafsound to check in because I thought he'd be the first to peg the ID. But nope; not Duke.
I caught him last night(over 70 images) with another guitarist, drummer, and upright bassist -- all really good.

HR

EDIT: The bassist http://www.markpucci.com/ was nothing short of phenomenal.

Last edited:
I checked out Mark Pucci's website, and interestingly enough, he teaches at a music school that my sister teaches at, and also plays with the Nashua Symphony, which my sis also plays with.

Well, your sons and daughters probably wouldn't reel off his hit recordings, but he surely hasn't lost the touch. He does jazz("Flyin' Home", even without Benny Goodman and Lionel Hampton, was terrific; and blues? -- oh my -- it was shades of Lucille(the guitar). More guesses?

HR

EDIT: It just occurred to me that he could do a stand-in for Johnathan Winters, yes?

Mark Kleinhaut?

I checked out Mark Pucci's website, and interestingly enough, he teaches at a music school that my sister teaches at, and also plays with the Nashua Symphony, which my sis also plays with.

The bassist scheduled to appear couldn't make it because of family illness. Mark Pucci came in on short notice. Tight-tight-tight(the music), as though a permanent member of the group.

HR

Attachments

• Photo TEST_5.jpg
    Photo TEST_5.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 15
.....and my sister knows the bassist.
I still have no clue who the guitarist is though, and I give up.

A common myth that the guitarist's name is Jerome stems from one concert where the lead singer of the his band band shouted "Play it Jerome!!" before one of his solos.

The band formed while he was attending college for a couple of semesters. In 1967 the band switched focus, starting to play electric guitar and bass and recruiting a drummer and fast-talking ex-disc jockey singer named Peter Blankenfeld. The group signed to Atlantic Records. His group had always considered Detroit their second home because of their enormous popularity there. All three of their live albums were recorded in Detroit at various venues. Later in the 1970s, the group signed with EMI America Records.

On August 17, 1971, The Allman Brothers Band named the guitarist's group as their favorite local band.

The group's commercial fortunes improved in the early 1980s. Blankenfield left the group in 1983 over artistic disagreements. The group went on to record one more album of new material after Blankenfield left. He was not replaced and a new lead vocalist came aboard. The album produced only one single, a song about breasts — and was not a success. The band toured in support of the album but never again recorded anything new.

The group reunited with Blankenfield in 1999, subsequently breaking up when ticket sales proved extremely disappointing. Blankenfield continues to tour with his own backup band, and the rest of the former group makes occasional appearances.

Since the semi-retirement of the band, "Jerome" has been restoring sports cars in Massachusetts.

On May 22, 2006, the six original members had a surprise reunion, at the original bassist's 60th birthday party at a jazz Club in Boston.

The above, though somewhat edited from sources, should give some hints.

HR

Next guess?

Last edited:
I don't have a good guess, but I kind of wish I had been at that concert!

John Geils

. . . . and Scott gets the Blue Ribbon. John, of course, is most commonly labeled as J. Geils. And how many in the thread would have picked-up on the
repeated "Blankenfield" reference? That was the birth name of Peter Wolf.

At any rate it was one hell of a show last night in little Boothbay Harbor, Maine(The Opera House). Gerry Beaudoin, Jay Geils, Mark Pucci, and Les Harris, Jr., "The Kings of Strings." And it seems that, from post performance discussions, my 70+ images are met with considerable approval.

HR

It was terrific. At the box office the lady said that only 50 advance tickets had been sold by 6:30. The performance room door opened at 7:30(the upstairs bar opened earlier than usual), but for the 8:00 show the floor was full and the left and right balconies appeared to be full(I had front row center/aisle seat).

During all my years in Maine I'd never been to the Boothbay Opera House. Now, having met the manager it looks good that I can get a booking for a band for which I've done MC stuff(non-performing).

HR

It was the Jerome reference, but I then double checked it against Blankenfield

And I should note that I had edited/revised certain information from Wikipedia, thereby omitting any reference to Peter Wolf and/or KTR MotorSports in Ayer, Massachusetts.

:eek:)

After the hint, without reading the following posts, J Geils was my guess....I knew I knew his face. I know "Blakenfield" very well......I've worked on his last two records. I was at his place last night actually.

DeafSound: I thought you might be interested in the e-mail I received a few days ago:

"Hello,

Those are fantastic photos you took. I would love to see more of them.
Could you send along any more proofs?

Thanks,
Mark

ps you can use either this yahoo address or my web
site."

(I'll have to admit, I got some guuuud stuff.)

HR

Those really are some great photos. Nice work.

Back