All together now......

One less Cirrus in the world to cause problems.......Oh wait, it already did. :mad2:

David

Are you talking about the foot rests?

Just a reason to have a spring steel landing gear 150 and aluminum instead of a fangdangled plastic glue together airplane. A 150 would have likely kept going straightish and failing that, it would have bounced to a stop without damage then taxi onto the runway and try again...or takeoff from the grass.

I didn't know Cirrus was offering the low profile landing gear edition. Does it come with spinners?

Jeez, tough crowd. :) Note to self: If I can afford a Cirrus, paint it to look like something else. But for the love of all that's good in the world, not so it looks like an RV.

Just a reason to have a spring steel landing gear 150 and aluminum instead of a fangdangled plastic glue together airplane. A 150 would have likely kept going straightish and failing that, it would have bounced to a stop without damage then taxi onto the runway and try again...or takeoff from the grass.

The C150 only has 100 hp. The SR22 has a considerably larger engine, and is less forgiving of non-use of rudder.

Something is telling me that the fire department officials don't have all the facts. So he was landing, bounced and applied power to go around, veered to the left (fine he did not apply enough rudder), and then he decided to cut power again?? Sounds a little odd.

*Sigh* Giving Cirrus a bad name. Again.

In my other thread when I looked for photos of the Novato crash I used Google. That same field came up, only with a Cirrus crashed in the field.... eventually I found my photo (an experimental).

Last edited:
"He (the flight instructor on board) said the plane had been recently purchased and the owner or owners were taking a flight to orient themselves with the features of the aircraft when a strong crosswind swept across the aircraft as it attempted to land."

20070611__web%2011plane_300.jpg

*Sigh* Giving Cirrus a bad name. Again.

Typical reaction. If for whatever reason you don't like the airplane and the pilot screws up, blame the airplane. This exact situation happened to a pilot in a Mooney a few weeks ago at a local airport. B)

Last edited:
Back