Alien worlds

David_L_Wilson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
David L Wilson
have been below the sea and above the earth. I have visited alien worlds since I was a teen. All these experiences have taught me that life offers adventure to all who ask it. Learning to SCUBA dive was my first awakening and flying above the earth was my second. If life does not offer challenges, then no challenges exist. I do not feel special or in a place of honor, as many came before me. However, in my life these things were significant to a grand scale. I have come to know that there is much that I don’t know and long to learn. I have never jumped as my grandfather did from an airplane with nothing but a silk parachute to save my life. He jumped in to enemy territory with little more that a rifle and his wits to save his life. I have never flown into combat in a B-25 as my great uncle did. All my experience has been in a time of peace. Had I lived in those days of chaos I would have followed my ancestors. I have learned that fear is an irrational emotion when knowledge is available. In that I am fortunate. Those that came before me did not have that luxury. God bless America and all lands that embrace freedom.

Back