alien flight training - multiple instructors ok?

\__[Ô]__/

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
david
I spent a while looking through the flight training candidate website and couldn't seem to find the answer to this...

I know that if someone signs up for the alien flight training program they need to specify a training provider. If they are at a flight school and switch to a new flight school, they need to get reauthorised by TSA.
Within a given flight school, are their any limitations on which instructor at the school can do the training? i.e. is the authorisation tied to specific instructor(s) at the flight school?

For example, if a new instructor comes in after the student goes through the authorisation, can the student switch to flying with the new instructor without going through another round of TSA application?

If you get the training request through the flight school, you're good to switch instructors within the school.

If you get the CFI to do your training request personally, you will get to give TSA more money for each instructor you use. Don't forget to say "Thank you"

That's what I figured.

As a related question, does anyone know if it will be a problem if the student applies for training through the TSA, goes back to his home country for a month, then returns to the US and does the flight training?

\__[Ô]__/;1613426 said:
That's what I figured.

As a related question, does anyone know if it will be a problem if the student applies for training through the TSA, goes back to his home country for a month, then returns to the US and does the flight training?

Depends.

Are you returning on the same status as before? If your status changes, then you would potentially be opening a can of worms, but if not, so long as you start within 6 months and finish within 1 year, you're covered.

Thanks for your help. This is my first time dealing with this and I didn't want to screw it up.

Back