Albuquerque Public Schools screws up again

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Here's the breakdown:

2011: My niece wins the school spelling bee, but the school forgot to pay the dues for the spelling bee, so she didn't get to go. Original thread:here
2012: My niece wins the school spelling bee again. This time, no one knows where the district spelling bee is, but my sister quite literally calls every single school in the city until one of them says "Yeah, its happening here." Other kids across the city don't find out in time and get left out, and the attendance is very poor among the school winners.
2013: My niece wins the school spelling bee again. This time, the school says the district spelling bee will be on 1/25. Its actually at 1/24. We've since learned that they never paid the dues again, and we suspect that was their way out of hot water.

My sister, trying to set an example for my niece, has kept the news out of it, despite my original thought in 2011 that it would be covered. My sister actually stopped the story because she didn't want Erin to think that was the classy way to go.

This time, she had enough, and it went on the news....lol, my niece spelled the word wrong at the beginning, which was actually kind of a funny way to start. The video that goes with the story below (to the top left), shows the damned administrators hanging the teacher on their ****up. What's new?

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/central/w-h-o-o-p-s-aps-student-misses-district-spelling-bee-again

way to throw that teacher under the bus - but good on your sis for finally bringing some attention to the issue.
Sad tho that you guys haven't been able to see her compete!

Back