Airventure NOTAM 2011

flygirl34q

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
-
Order or Download your copy of the required reading for flying to the big "O" this July! :D

<<--- CLICK HERE!

Im planning on flying in this year for sure. Think I will order mine. Anyone else going?

We take the PDF to kinko's every year and have them wire-bound for $6 apiece, which is great for single-handing in the cockpit. How is the freebie one bound?

Don't tell me, lemme guess. Ripon is in it again this year.

We take the PDF to kinko's every year and have them wire-bound for $6 apiece, which is great for single-handing in the cockpit. How is the freebie one bound?

I was able to print it at work for free last time I went. But the binding is a nice touch.

I did one nice touch though and used the covers as my signs. Had a huge GAC on one cover and VFR on the other

I send the PDF to my Ricoh Aficio copier, set to duplex, and then hand it to my file clerk, and tell her, "please spiral-bind this." Works for me.

I put it on my iPad. ;) :D

Actually, one person used ForeFlight's "Bring Your Own Plates" feature to load the NOTAM directly into ForeFlight last year. Cool.

Oh, and I noticed that one of the "changes" this year was "New Madison Approach Control Frequencies." Huh?!?!? That's my home field, and I haven't noticed any changes - I looked at the NOTAM and they were the frequencies that've always been used...

So, I dug up a prior NOTAM and saw that all the previous NOTAMs just said to monitor the Madison ATIS for the approach frequencies. So, the frequencies haven't changed a bit, it's just that they're published now. As usual, 135.45 to the west, 120.1 to the east, with the 119.15 for the "far east" position that's only operational during Airventure. (119.15 is the RTR antenna at KRYV that's just used for getting clearances and such over there during the rest of the year, as MSN only has two TRACON positions normally.)

I always print it out and put it in an nice envelope, copy the frequencies onto my lapboard and ignore it. Who has time to leaf through a thing like that in flight anyway?

The relevant portions take up 3 lines and are really simple. The fact that people constantly frak it up is just amazing.

I always print it out and put it in an nice envelope, copy the frequencies onto my lapboard and ignore it. Who has time to leaf through a thing like that in flight anyway?

The relevant portions take up 3 lines and are really simple. The fact that people constantly frak it up is just amazing.

We briefed the procedure from the notam before we got to RIPON. I had something on the kneeboard and had my "copilot" follow the arrival as a backup. So I wouldn't be THAT GUY.

I reduce it to a single-page flowchart that contains everything important to the FISK arrival, all five landing approaches, and both holding procedures.

The people who screw it up are the ones who never read the NOTAM in the first place. I still look suspiciously upon any Cessna ending in 53A and any silver Luscombe... :sosp:

Back