AirVenture burst

dakota-cowboy

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
dakota-cowboy
:confused: With all the air traffic into AirVenture from all compass points, it is surprising to not see a burst of airport claims going up on Operation:FLY. Seems like a great opportunity to stop by different airports on the way or homeward bound.

Yeah, I should have taken a picture at KELK (Elk City, OK) but did not. Lots of Red Dirt there. And 105. Wanted to get moving again, and climb back up to 45 degrees F at 13.5K.

By the way, why does it say "test" when I hover over the marker?

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot027.png
    ScreenShot027.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 116
You'll no-doubt be thrilled to know that the FBO is less than a mile from the house where I grew up. The sand-green golf course was built on the airport grounds, so it was a multi-purpose destination for me.

The ECHS alumni reunion is held on a three-year schedule, and I'll be there this weekend. Forecast is for a balmy 109, so outdoor activities will be somewhat limited. My only regret is that I was never as good as they remember in the stories they tell about some of the games we won back then. OTOH, I don't bother to correct them.

Yeah, I should have taken a picture at KELK (Elk City, OK) but did not. Lots of Red Dirt there. And 105. Wanted to get moving again, and climb back up to 45 degrees F at 13.5K.

By the way, why does it say "test" when I hover over the marker?

attachment.php

Back