Airventure 06

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
I flew there last year..and it was no fun. Too many nonpilot passenger complaints. I wasn't really planning on going this year..But it looks like I am now..Maybe I'll fly...Maybe I'll drive.

Who is going?

im a maybe. the weekend of the 22/23 is likely out as i have family birthdays 24 and 26 of july and will probably be celebrating then. the next weekend might be doable. although i never know what im doing. have to see how much cash i got laying around too.

tonycondon said:
im a maybe. the weekend of the 22/23 is likely out as i have family birthdays 24 and 26 of july and will probably be celebrating then. the next weekend might be doable. although i never know what im doing. have to see how much cash i got laying around too.
If I go it'll probably be like the 27th-30th... Airventure isn't exactly cheap.. Plan on I think it was like $30 per day to get in plus food...I'd cover the rest in exchange for "instruction"

I actually just jumped the fence last year and walked till I found a gas station.

Last edited:
If you go, see if you can find my plane. I won't be anywhere near it, but someone else is actually going to fly it for once, and they're taking it to OSH!

Leslie and I are going, the 27 - 30. Flying into Appleton and staying with relatives.

I'm planning on leaving the 23rd of July. I may go up in a 182RG with a friend of my stepfathers or just fly out there commercially.

Not sure yet...
Jason

jangell said:
If I go it'll probably be like the 27th-30th... Airventure isn't exactly cheap.. Plan on I think it was like $30 per day to get in plus food...I'd cover the rest in exchange for "instruction"

I actually just jumped the fence last year and walked till I found a gas station.

"instruction" is right. thats about all it is. you thinking about flying in then? that would be fun. ill keep ya updated, will have to pull some strings at work, shouldnt be too hard.

I'll be there Monday and Tuesday - flying out to Milwaukee commercially and staying in some eastern town.

Gonna try to make it up there again this year. Took the fiance (now wife) and her parents in the 177RG last year. Hopefully me and dad can take the RV-7A up again this year. You get so many more "wow, that's cool" looks when you get to taxi to Homebuilt Camping. :D

-Chris

I may make it a day trip and my "boss" (actually the board chair of the company I work for) said he wants to go with me again this year, or in his Cirrus. Probably mid-week.

We'll be flying in for the first time ourselves. We've driven the past 4/5 years and camped on the field. This time we're bringing the IAR on Friday the 21st (wx permitting) so Mary can help stuff pilot packs for Warbirds registration which starts at noon on Saturday. We're staying the week in a "pop-up" camper in the WB volunteer camping. I'll be in my usual area around the -51s.

Mary and Kathleen are leaving commercial out of ATW on the 30th because Kathleen checks into school that afternoon. I'm leaving in the IAR whenever it feels right after that. I'll have empty seats if anyone needs a ride south.

smigaldi said:
I doubt I will be there. I really do not like the crowds.
Then ya oughta go. They haven't had crowds for many years. :rolleyes:

Since they (temporarily) made membership mandatory for flight line access the great unwashed have stayed away.

I am off that week and was planning on going. I am leaning towards driving up and taken the pop-up camper.

I have made rservations at the Circle R campground. I will be driving in from the St. Louis area and will have room for a couple extras. If anyone wants a ride, I am leaving the 24th and returning on the 31st.

CJones said:
Gonna try to make it up there again this year. Took the fiance (now wife) and her parents in the 177RG last year. Hopefully me and dad can take the RV-7A up again this year. You get so many more "wow, that's cool" looks when you get to taxi to Homebuilt Camping. :D

-Chris

I'll be up there on the last saturday. I was hoping to look at some RV-7's this year while up there. After college I want to build one. I think I like the tail wheel version better though but I've never flown in a tail wheel plane before :)

I'm thinking I'll be there around the 27th...Not sure if it'll be a one day deal..or If I'll camp there...We'll see..

Tony is too cool to come with.

jschaef5 said:
I'll be up there on the last saturday. I was hoping to look at some RV-7's this year while up there. After college I want to build one. I think I like the tail wheel version better though but I've never flown in a tail wheel plane before :)

There will DEFINITELY be some -7's up there. Head over to 'Homebuilt Camping/Parking'. They should almost rename it to "Van's Parking". Not sure where you're located, but we just had a big 'ol RV Fly-In here in Boone, Iowa today. Probably about 40 or so RV's in-and-out through the day - including two -10's.

One word of advice - get some tailwheel time before or at least WHILE building a tailwheel plane. As learned while letting my wife fly tonight, they aren't the easiest planes to learn in. Pretty touchy for first timers. Once you get the hang of it, it's SWEET, though.

-Chris
RV-7A
N277DL

Back