Airspace Use Choices

motospeed9058

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
rhall9058
So I have the below reference. Can somebody please explain to me when/why you would choose to use one of them over another for a particular situation? Is one of them an "absolute avoid" at all costs? :dunno:

Capture.jpg

They're pretty much three different things so you generally wouldn't have the option of choosing one over the other without selecting a different route.

They're pretty much three different things so you generally wouldn't have the option of choosing one over the other without selecting a different route.

Right, around Denver there is a VFR Flyway on the TAC, but there is no Corridor or Transition Route.

Also, I recommend you use whichever route: a) exists; b) goes where you want to go.

Generally, if any of those routes/options are available - they are usually the best way (and sometimes only way) to fly VFR through the class B area. Your choice is to either use them, or circumnavigate the entire Class B airspace.

So I have the below reference. Can somebody please explain to me when/why you would choose to use one of them over another for a particular situation? Is one of them an "absolute avoid" at all costs?

From what perspective? That of a pilot or a person establishing routes and/or airspace?

It's rare to see a Bravo with more than one of those. Choice usually isn't an option.

Back