Airshow at KSTJ this weekend

Just the other day I noticed the TFR over St. Joseph. Any insight into whether it would be possible to fly in to the airport before the show?

Hmm I don't think I can help you with that info, I do know they will be having a fly in the morning of the airshow. If you're really interested I guess I could call to find out.

I'm interested in going on Saturday, but I'd probably have to fly as I have someplace to be on Sunday morning. (Like I really need an excuse to fly).

Maybe I can give them a call tomorrow. You going?

Yep I'm going, airport is less than 10 mins away from my house.

The FBO's phone is 816-233-3444

There's a chance that the phone will be answered by a more or less bimbo that doesn't know much about anything, but good lord she's gorgeous to look at LOL.

Check the website I gave you there, about the stuff you can and can't bring, like you can't bring big bags or backpacks, etc.

Hmm. So if I come down, is she going to be on static display? :)

I must be losing it. The first thing that I talked about was the TFR that I saw pop up. I just looked again and it starts at 1900Z on Friday. That would definitely make it a no go for flying in on Saturday.

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_6_1481.html

Looks like the best I could do is to come in to K59 or KFLV but then I'm not sure how I'd get over to KSTJ. I may just have to figure out how to make the drive happen.

I'll let you know if I can somehow make it work.

It would be very hard to conduct the congressional fly-in breakfast on Saturday if the field is closed all day.

http://www.soundofspeed.org/flyin.php

From what I read the notam is only effective during the following time:

Effective Date(s):
July 07, 2006 at 19:00 UTC - July 07, 2006 at 21:30 UTC
July 08, 2006 at 17:30 UTC - July 08, 2006 at 21:30 UTC
July 09, 2006 at 17:30 UTC - July 09, 2006 at 21:30 UTC

which is when the aerial demonstrations are scheduled.

Looks like they're having a "night" show on Friday.

Thanks, Steve. I was just coming back in to post the fly-in link but I see you beat me to it.

Looks like it is going to be a nice show. And the weather should co-operate for the weekend.

I'd go but I'm already committed to Cape Girardeau for the weekend.

www.capeairfestival.com

I imagine the same B-2 is going to make both shows for a fly-by.

Looks like I'm coming down on Saturday. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to drive. See you there, Tomahawk...

Back