Airport's satellite view on Google Maps

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Addison Airport, Dallas, TX

This is a link showing Addison Airport, where Dave Siciliano is based. Note the aircraft over the approach end, then again 2/3 of the way down the runway. I think it's the same plane, and has to do with when the satellite snapped the pictures flying over the field. What do you think? [Zoom in one more level for more detail]

Another interesting aspect of Addison can be seen if you click the Hybrid button. There is a toll road tunnel that goes under the runway...

heh - I think you're right - it is the same plane

I'm going to say 'not the same.' The shadow on the one at the approach end is too close for the jet to have very much altitude, and it's way short of the displaced threshold. I'm guessing he's a 'position and hold' waiting for the landing jet to finish the roll-out and clear the runway (or to take off).

gibbons said:
I'm going to say 'not the same.' The shadow on the one at the approach end is too close for the jet to have very much altitude, and it's way short of the displaced threshold. I'm guessing he's a 'position and hold' waiting for the landing jet to finish the roll-out and clear the runway (or to take off).
I'm thinking the same thing. Note there is only one of the airplane on the taxiway.

I'm thinking it is the same plane. When you see it on the North end of the runway, it is just starting its take-off role. Then, when the satellite snapped the next picture, the plane was futher down the field, just lifting off.

You wouldn't see the plane on the taxi way in the second snap because he is not moving down the field as fast as the jet on take-off so he wasn't there!

Later,
Terry

looks to me like the same airplane: a lockheed jetstar. the underwing slipper tanks are very prominent and the nacelles look like the double engine pods. it would be pretty unusual to see 2 jetstars landing/taking off one right after the other unless it was a jetstar flyin. :rofl:

very cool website, though. i looked up the house i grew up in in richardson on redwood dr. can see my room gables and the garage my dad built. and out in renner where we used to go camping on the weekends is all suburbia. :(

blue skies!

Back