Airports I've been to MAP

ntbjounin

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jounin
So I'm betting I'm not the only one who likes to keep track of all the airports I've been to. I've been doing it sorta with a facebook app called Cities I've Visited. It's not aviation related at all. If I landed at more than one airport in one city, it's not possible to differentiate.
Does anyone know of a site where I can log each landing? And what if I land at an airport not on the sectional? What if I land in the desert? i'd like to be able to log it.

Anyone?:fcross:

In my sig line below you can click on the states map which actually will take you to my google maps page. You can sign up for free and share with anyone or just those you send the link to. I find the airport on the map and then drop a pin there. You can name the pin and change the symbol as well.

I have done this from the gps logs on our cirrus.

If you email me a list of airport identifiers, I'll send you kmz file (GoogleEarth) that flags all your airports.

Give me a hint what you want to upload to a website, I may have time for that too.

Joe

thanks guys! Actually that google map thing is great. Thanks Aree though. I've started the long transition. Moving them all over.

Attached is where our SR22 has been according to the logs

Joe

Attachments

• apts.kmz
    4.4 KB · Views: 8
I started building something for this for our website a year or two ago. Haven't updated it in quite a while though. I was mostly using it to learn how to use the Google Maps API. What I like about my map is that you simply put in the airport identifiers and it gets the coordinates from the FAA database for mapping purposes.

http://www.lookatthejoneses.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=46

Back