Airport Owner may go to Jail

Former UBS Client Sentenced for Hiding Millions in Offshore Bank Accounts
Paid $2.1 Million Penalty to IRS
SEATTLE – Arthur Joel Eisenberg of Seattle was sentenced today to three years probation by U.S. District Court Judge John Coughenour, the Justice Department and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced today. Eisenberg pleaded guilty in December 2010 to willfully filing a false individual income tax return.

Dated 4-March-2011

This is the only interactive forum that has discussed this. Prior to me being led here, I saw a local Washington newspaper article that was very complimentary to Erickson just months before he was charged in federal court. But the reporter did not do the research. The feds, I suspect, went after him for, not just for the taxes, but perhaps because he got away with other unlawful acts against 1/2 million of his 1980-1990's customers when he operated a phone sex business. The victims (according to public federal court documents) called a "900 number" or a "976 number", which charges dollars by the minute to their phone bill, and Erickson was found guilty (in the 90's) of unlawful high pressure credit collections to get customers to pay his phone bill. His marriage fell apart after ten years (source is Washington State Records) and he took part of the $80 Million he had made and bought into the Airport. In this thread, a lot of folks are asking why pick on 4-5 tax cheats. The answer may be that the tax conviction was the only thing the feds could use to stop him. Remember how Al Capone got convicted? Yep, on a tax charge.

This is the only interactive forum that has discussed this. Prior to me being led here, I saw a local Washington newspaper article that was very complimentary to Erickson just months before he was charged in federal court. But the reporter did not do the research. The feds, I suspect, went after him for, not just for the taxes, but perhaps because he got away with other unlawful acts against 1/2 million of his 1980-1990's customers when he operated a phone sex business. The victims (according to public federal court documents) called a "900 number" or a "976 number", which charges dollars by the minute to their phone bill, and Erickson was found guilty (in the 90's) of unlawful high pressure credit collections to get customers to pay his phone bill. His marriage fell apart after ten years (source is Washington State Records) and he took part of the $80 Million he had made and bought into the Airport. In this thread, a lot of folks are asking why pick on 4-5 tax cheats. The answer may be that the tax conviction was the only thing the feds could use to stop him. Remember how Al Capone got convicted? Yep, on a tax charge.
What's your point? Some kind of personal connection? Who cares?

Caution: Do not hit play if you're not ready for some vulgarity

It's really better to start a whole new thread. Not difficult at all.
1. Reduces confusion.
2. Reduces lengthy threads about whether necro is bad or just accepted ( :) )
BTW, to necro anymore, isn't there a huge red box saying you are about to do something stupit?

Yeah, I get the feeling some folks want to hijack this thread with subtle off-topic baiting comments. Maybe someone kicked their dog and they're looking for attention. If they want to hijack a new thread, then that's on them. But for me . . . all I can hope for is decent moderators or administrators who have the private tools to keep the hijackers at bay so we all portray a level of civil respect.

Dude had the pay the whole account to settle the tax on the account. Six for him. I sort of like the whole necro aspect of this. See all the folks who don't post here any more. Some of them were really smart, too.

Yeah, I get the feeling some folks want to hijack this thread with subtle off-topic baiting comments. Maybe someone kicked their dog and they're looking for attention. If they want to hijack a new thread, then that's on them. But for me . . . all I can hope for is decent moderators or administrators who have the private tools to keep the hijackers at bay so we all portray a level of civil respect.
What's your interest in the subject matter? The guy owes you money?

Back