Airport near Arlington Park Race Track

Maxmosbey

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
I need to get serious.
On Saturday I was at the horse races at Arlington Park, IL. Sitting there, I could watch the big jets coming out of O'Hare every couple of minutes, but there were also several light aircraft coming over the track much lower from the North. Does anyone know where they are coming from, or going to? I was wondering if there is a little airport tucked in there somewhere that a guy could slip into and out of, that he could use on race day? I tried looking at the sectional, but I am not sure exactly where Arlington is. in relation to the rest of the city, except that it is North of O'Hare.

Probably traffic from Palwaukee (PWK) or Schaumburg (06C) both are pretty close.

PWK is the nearest airport by only a few miles and has lots of traffic. But just to the west of Arlington Park is where the class bravo is high enough to maneuver around. So a lot of people cut around that area.

The closest and easiest to get to Arlington Park Race track is C81 or 06C. I would prefer C81 so that I would not have to deal with traffic on RT53 and around Woodfield. C81 is about a 30 minute drive. PWK is very close but is still about 15-20 minutes away.

Back