Airplane Repo The TV Series

They were filming an episode up north of Atlanta (Cherokee County KCNI) last week in front of our hangar. I got a chance to talk to Mike Kennedy, who is very into airplanes. Real nice guy and kind of takes the show with a grain of salt. If you see him standing in front of a yellow T-6 this season, that is our airplane! :)

Welcome!!

They were filming an episode up north of Atlanta (Cherokee County KCNI) last week in front of our hangar. I got a chance to talk to Mike Kennedy, who is very into airplanes. Real nice guy and kind of takes the show with a grain of salt. If you see him standing in front of a yellow T-6 this season, that is our airplane! :)

Welcome to POA Rod. We sort of have something in common since we each know one of the Airplane Repo guys and saw some filming. Kevin sort of takes the show with a grain of salt also.

Welcome to POA!!!

You're about to see a lot of filming at Cherokee, with the Tom Cruise movie being filmed there! I was up there last week and there was a bus load of movie people walking around with Jimmy. My 182 was right beside them, of course it was the one time it didn't fire right up! :mad2: :D

You're about to see a lot of filming at Cherokee, with the Tom Cruise movie being filmed there! I was up there last week and there was a bus load of movie people walking around with Jimmy. My 182 was right beside them, of course it was the one time it didn't fire right up! :mad2: :D

Glad you don't have a Ford motor in it...;);););)..

Saw a few episodes of the original series last night (with Nick Popovich in them) and enjoyed watching. Haven't seen the later ones with the biker dudes or whatever, but looking on Wikipedia, it appears I've now seen the only three episodes with Nick's crew in them.

I swear, if someone could somehow make a Cajun Iceroad Pawn Vocal Talent show, they'd be rolling in dough! :lol:

A good portion of my fellow pilots are chock full of bull crap too. Watching a show that's full of bull crap is not much different than visiting with a bunch of know-it-all, old wives tale spreading, misinformation mongering pilots that have done it all, twice. There is always some good stuff in there. Just gotta wade through the manure to get to it. :)

It's that time again... They are back with the statement of the year...

"Today’s Job, repossessing a Piper PA-28 Cherokee Warrior. It’s a single engine piston powered status symbol often used by VIPs for quick business trips... :eek: Its 181 horsepower can take it as fast as 153 MPH. Its value $100,000.00…" :yikes:

It just keeps getting better and better...:goofy:Help us please...:mad2:

"Today’s Job, repossessing a Piper PA-28 Cherokee Warrior. It’s a single engine piston powered status symbol often used by VIPs for quick business trips... :eek: Its 181 horsepower can take it as fast as 153 MPH. Its value $100,000.00…" :yikes:

Good to know they do not even fact check their airplane information, or go on trade a plane to check prices. Should read "this is a PA28 Piper Archer capable of 140 mph, and costing around 40k. Generally owned by the average Joe who just wants to own and fly his own plane."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

All ridiculous, but given that is a show that focuses on GA, and there aren't many of those, ridiculous or not, I watch it. :redface:

Yeah, the show has two redeeming qualities.
1. It has airplanes
2. Comic relief.

I do not take it serious.

Those Cherokees sure are fast. Have to be careful flying them. Sometimes they just get away from you and next thing you know the wings come off.

I was once giving a guy a flight review in a Cherokee. I asked him to do a 45 degree steep turn maintaining altitude....Sounded simple enough.

The damn thing just got away from him ;) He just shoved the nose down for some reason and the airspeed kept building up....I kept saying check attitude, airspeed is coming up fast.....and he was just froze. I finally had to take the controls when we were just about to blow through Vne. Think we got within 5 mph or so.

That episode was a rerun. I think they are now showing reruns leading up to the new episodes.

All ridiculous, but given that is a show that focuses on GA, and there aren't many of those, ridiculous or not, I watch it. :redface:

That's me. None of the GA shows I've seen in the last few years have been any better, but I watch them due to a pent up need for GA on TV.

Now that I've gotten to know Kevin a little bit and since a good friend of mine will be on an upcoming episode in his Pawnee cropduster, I am waiting impatiently to see the new episodes.

WOW THAT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT MY 35 YEAR OLD PLANE.

I AM FLYING A STATUS SYMBOL!!!!

Good to know they do not even fact check their airplane information, or go on trade a plane to check prices. Should read "this is a PA28 Piper Archer capable of 140 mph, and costing around 40k. Generally owned by the average Joe who just wants to own and fly his own plane."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well, it did have a 530 in it :rofl:

What I found funny is that in the actual show they kept calling it a trainer. So some chump at Discovery in editing months later decided "hey let's pretend this is super-fast, VIP airplane instead of the cheap trainer it is!"

I still enjoy the show.

If a PA28 is a status symbol, our 180 must be a real pimpwagon.

I'm old enough this show reminds me of the Keystone cops. Or little rascals. I can't decide which, but I watch it because it has airplanes.

I watched half an episode and that was enough fun for me. I can't stomach reality shows, about the only one I can think of that I watch is Pawn Stars. Takes me about 10 mins to watch an episode because I fast forward through the nonsense. If I did that with this show each would take me about 30 seconds.

The only thing it does for GA is confuse people into thinking that Airports are highly secured areas where the line guys will chase you around.

I met Danny at KATL a few weeks ago. Nice guy, and I kinda joked that, as a pilot I take a lot of it with a grain of salt, but that I really enjoy seeing the variety of airplanes and the flying in general. He smiled at my comments, shook my hand, reminded me the new season was going to air this Summer and thanked me for being a fan. Good dude, and I got the feeling they all know they are on a docudrama semi-reality thing, but enjoy making television all the same.

I had to laugh when the new lady helping Kevin couldn't fire a Cessna with the mixture pulled all the way out. I think I found your problem, lol!

Welcome to POA...

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I had to laugh when the new lady helping Kevin couldn't fire a Cessna with the mixture pulled all the way out. I think I found your problem, lol!

I guess you've never flown a 172SP (i.e. with fuel injection).

I guess you've never flown a 172SP (i.e. with fuel injection).

TB200GT I flew started the same way. Fuel is put in the lines beforehand. Mixture doesn't come up until it starts.

It looked new to me. I hadn't seen it before and it recorded as a first run.

I hope their editing is better this year. Remember a couple episodes where they were taking a single engine -- Ken is yelling to the cameraman to get into the plane so they could take off -- and the plane is still tied down! Another time when Mike was flying back from the Bahamas and lost all electrical -- couldn't tell his situational awareness "in the pitch black darkness (nighttime)" but several shots clearly showed the lights of towns along the Florida coast! Oh well, it is what it is. Do like seeing some of the planes they heist, though.

Is this real or did you make this up?

What ever happened to Ed Freds reality show. What was it going to be called again?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I have such a great one liner for that, but I don't want to dissapear in the Michigan woods this coming labor day.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

It's real...:yes::yes::yes: It's from season 4 episode 1 about 5.00 mins in... I couldn't make this stuff...:no:
Is the big brutish big dumb guy who always says "bruh" and has a bunch of tattoos still on the show?

Last edited:
Back