Airplane Repo The TV Series

This so bad it's good. It would seem to me that is would be easier to go get an emergency court order (temporary restraining order or writ of sequestration) rather than trespass on airport property, threaten the avionics repair guy, etc.

The most entertaining part is the tattooed up meathead. Why do they blur out faces if these are reenactments? Watching that jet do a touch n go while those idiots were dancing around on the ramp with sirens and lights blaring was awesome.

Just finished watching an episode. That was painful! Why am I wanting to watch the next one?

Remember Animal House? "Please sir, may I have another?"

Cheers

Did you just tie Airplane Repo to Kevin Bacon? Well played! You really can play the Kevin Bacon game with any movie or TV show

I do wish they would quit reinforcing the myth of "highly secure airports." That just encourages the public to believe that securing a public use airport to that degree is possible without destroying its usefulness for private transportation.

The scary part is in all the episodes the repo guys were able EVADE security... A VERY poor message to send to the masses.. IMHO...

I think that's the show where an avionics shop pulled out the avionics because they weren't being paid, so the repo "pilot" just HAD to get the airplane off the airport and fly it to another airport that night. So, he pulled a Garmin Nuvi-like automotive GPS out and used that for navigation, even though it followed roads.

What? Was this filmed before iPads and ForeFlight were invented?

Then he had no radios to turn up the pilot-controlled lights, so he called the FBO on the phone and told them to turn up the lights, as he had trouble finding the airport. When they asked why, he yelled something like "Just turn on the ******n lights!"

My IQ took a double digit hit just for watching that stupid show.
They did not have time to replace a radio, yet, somehow they managed to attach go-pro cameras t to the exterior of the plane. More fake drama. If it was not for sports programming I would never turn the TV on.

They did not have time to replace a radio, yet, somehow they managed to attach go-pro cameras t to the exterior of the plane. More fake drama. If it was not for sports programming I would never turn the TV on.

One would think they would carry a handheld to.

David

I saw an aquaintance comment on Facebook last night how she LOVED the show and since I am a nice guy, most of the time, I didn't make any comments. :D They say in either the opening or closing credits that it is all "re-enactments or re-creations" with actors etc...
I do wish they would show N numbers so us pilot types could look up who's plane was getting repo'd! ;)

Just ran across one on an episode. It was blurred but just before they cut to the next scene the blurring dropped. Took a couple of attempts to find the correct number since the last 2 numbers were only partially shown. A quick search turned up a hot air balloon, then a Cessna 172. Found the Beech 200 N899SD

This thread reminds me of the guy who sat behind my wife and I at the first "Lord of the Rings" movie and commented on every scene that wasn't authentic to the book.

Well at least we're not doing it in a theater!

They say in either the opening or closing credits that it is all "re-enactments or re-creations" with actors etc...
I do wish they would show N numbers so us pilot types could look up who's plane was getting repo'd! ;)

They probably hide the N Numbers so you can't see they actually rent the airplanes for the show. :rofl:

Cheers

Yes, the show is pretty bad, but I watch it because there's hardly an TV involving aviation.

This so bad it's good. It would seem to me that is would be easier to go get an emergency court order (temporary restraining order or writ of sequestration) rather than trespass on airport property, threaten the avionics repair guy, etc.

The most entertaining part is the tattooed up meathead. Why do they blur out faces if these are reenactments? Watching that jet do a touch n go while those idiots were dancing around on the ramp with sirens and lights blaring was awesome.

Lesson No. 1: Don't spike the ball before you're in the end zone.

Yes, the show is painfully faked. Like two non-pilots paddling a seaplane away from the (nominal) owner's dock with a plan to call for their pilot at sunrise.

I pause when channel surfing because its simply airplane p--n. I doubt it's attracting enough civilians to GenAv among viewership to appreciably move opinions one way or the other.

I set my DVR to record the series.

Watched two episodes, went back and deleted all the rest, and removed it from the record list.

I stumbled upon it a few nights ago when I just couldn't get to sleep.

Watched 2 hours or so (they ran back-to-back). Enjoyed it immensely even though it was obviously fake. It still made for good TV and it was about tincans I could relate to flying.

The one with the guy being stuck in the lake with alligators while a couple was having at it in the float plane was hilarious in a "what will they think of next" sort of way. Thumbs up from me.

I tried to like it, I did. Just couldn't.

Plane Extreme was a much better show IMO. I think that one only ran 3 or 4 episodes total though.

The one with the guy being stuck in the lake with alligators while a couple was having at it in the float plane was hilarious in a "what will they think of next" sort of way. Thumbs up from me.

I can't possibly fathom thinking a 4-place SE aircraft cabin as a viable place to do anything besides sit and fly, much less get lucky. I mean, could they not get the dock box open? Surely that would have been more spacious. :goofy:

show is fake, i know the Mike the owner of the citation they try to repo in ft lauderdale his plane is paid off but they approach him about doing the show, he got some money a tv gig and fuel to flight the citation around. if you see the show were Mike grabs his log books and run away is actually pretty funny.

I know I'm going against the grain here but I enjoy the show. While its not realistic for reasons mentioned above, it is entertaining and it has lots of airplanes and airports in it!

Half the show is the repo man stalking around the airport trying to find a place to climb the fence.

Why don't they just rent a Cessna 150 and come in on the air side?

(I know, I know, because that would be to real for reality TV.)

Yup. Ive witnessed a real life aircraft repossession. Attorney for the lien holder and a sheriff's deputy showed up (on a weekend, no less!) and put notices of repossession on two aircraft belonging to a flight school. They told me they were going to hire someone to fly them out but their info seemed to indicate that the aircraft may not be flyable... must have been good info because one of the aircraft was sitting in about a million pieces in a maintenance hangar. The other was actually flyable.

It was pretty funny to watch one of the instructors talking to the sheriff... "but... a student has that airplane scheduled for a cross country later!" :rofl:

Like he cares or knows what a cross country is !! Haha

I know I'm going against the grain here but I enjoy the show. While its not realistic for reasons mentioned above, it is entertaining and it has lots of airplanes and airports in it!

:yeahthat:

It could be in a foreign language and I'd still like seeing the airplanes. Totally worth it.

show is fake, i know the Mike the owner of the citation they try to repo in ft lauderdale his plane is paid off but they approach him about doing the show, he got some money a tv gig and fuel to flight the citation around. if you see the show were Mike grabs his log books and run away is actually pretty funny.

Well I smelled a lot of fake stuff but even faking that the plane is the subject of a defaulted loan, man that is really low.

As I think about it let me list everything I think is bogus in the show

1) Repo guys talking to airport personel as though they are looking to buy a plane or apply for a job with a full crew behind them, Camerman, sound man. lighting guy, Really?

2)Repo guys commiting too many crimes to count in order to repo a plane
- attempting to take gas from a fuel truck
-breaking into how many hangars
-taking skis for a cub so they can get out of a snowy field
-taking personal property

3) The total misrepresentation of the seriousness of any particular situation.
- last night they said they were in danger of a mid air collision because the radios on the jet didn't work.
- suspect load shifts
- oh no the max demonstrated X-wind is 16kts and the wind is approaching that. Never mind that its almost right down the runway.

All of what Adam said, plus the sequence of the Citation landing at the end of the show was the same runway shown through out the episode of the Citation taking off (treeline in background was same).

Still.... it's airplane pron. I will still use the pause and step forward/backward buttons to view details like panel items.

I also like the fact that the airport where Mike keep s his Stinson is in "West Texas" when he's not that far from KADS north of Dallas.

And how nonchalant the Lear drivers were as they walked back out on the ramp.

I have to say The one with Popowich or what ever his name was was more realistic But I have to say that I really did like that show where the Ferry outfit out of florida ( some of the pilots posted on this board) delivered aircraft to Africa and South America. That was pretty cool and I liked it. the BS was minimal.

Anyone remember Ariel Tweto! Talk about 15 minutes of fame.

Based on this thread I watched the 3 episodes I had saved up on my DVR.

Half the show is the repo man stalking around the airport trying to find a place to climb the fence.

Why don't they just rent a Cessna 150 and come in on the air side?

I do wish they would quit reinforcing the myth of "highly secure airports." That just encourages the public to believe that securing a public use airport to that degree is possible without destroying its usefulness for private transportation.

The scary part is in all the episodes the repo guys were able EVADE security... A VERY poor message to send to the masses.. IMHO...

Exactly what I thought. We have (had) enough to the standard local news ratings grab expose's of "OMG! I can WALK RIGHT UP TO THIS PLANE AND TOUCH IT!"

This stoopid show says that these guys can jump the fence (I guess they couldn't just walk in) and fly the plane away unchallenged!

The ramp guy who refused to open the gate saved that a bit, though. I'd buy him a beer.

"You can go though the office."
"You can go though the office."
"You'll hafta go though the office."
HEY! REPO MAN! "You can go though the office!!!" :mad2:

That really amuses me. Right off the bat I figured they blurred the face of the "THIS IS A PRIVATE HANGAR...DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE A!" guy because they didn't want to expose who was the lousy actor. I'll bet they grabbed a random mechanic or ramp jockey. Do you think anybody would go toe to toe with that tattooed dude on sight? And he was so polite.

Why would the N-number be covered anyway? For privacy?

UH OH! We better stop! That guy in the car with the yellow flashing lights is telling us to stop the jet! We don't want to hafta dodge not-really-but-maybe-a-rent-a-cop wish-we-had bullets!

Well I smelled a lot of fake stuff but even faking that the plane is the subject of a defaulted loan, man that is really low.

As I think about it let me list everything I think is bogus in the show

1) Repo guys talking to airport personel as though they are looking to buy a plane or apply for a job with a full crew behind them, Camerman, sound man. lighting guy, Really?

They do claim to have some pen cameras, but there had to be somebody outside of the office shooting in.

2)Repo guys commiting too many crimes to count in order to repo a plane
- attempting to take gas from a fuel truck
-breaking into how many hangars

"Would ya have some bolt cutters I could borree?" "Yeah, this brand new pair will do nicely. 'scuse me while I bash them against the ground while trying to break open the key box." You know. "Our jet" might be in this hangar.

- oh no the max demonstrated X-wind is 16kts and the wind is approaching that. Never mind that its almost right down the runway.

I really laughed at that one. The wind sock was only half out, too. Somebody tell please tell Discovery that pilots can fly in cross winds.

And how nonchalant the Lear drivers were as they walked back out on the ramp.

Yeah. You'd think that just maybe they'd look at where they left the Lear.

BTW, a LearJet costs $300,000 but a Cirrus is $600,000? WTF? :confused:

Still.... it's airplane pron. I will still use the pause and step forward/backward buttons to view details like panel items.

Yeah. I'm keeping the series pass once I decided to view it as comic relief.

"You ever flown a Cirrus before?" "Nope."
"It's my first time flying a ski plane."
Check outs, anyone?

Does he have actual insurance?
FAA, are you watching?

And he hand props the deep frozen Super Cub (alone - with nobody at the controls,) runs it a short while, and then hand props it again when he takes off. Ya know what? If you let it run for a few minutes the battery would charge and you could use the starter.

Saveourbreath. It started so fast it had to have been warmed up already.

----
"We need to find 'our Archer' somewhere out here."
"Take a look. Oh. It says this one is a Mooney." :lol:
"This is our plane!"
"We'll park here and stake it out until morning. Order a pizza."

-----
Hey, Mike. The guy, Ken Craft, who "stole" your jet left his SUV parked by the front door of your office.

Yeah, it was pretty fake. But it does talk about flying small airplanes. We need more conversations like this before they ground us all!

I think it is super funny how rampies get all mad and pushy at the pilots. Rampies don't give a crap about anything lol. "Hey you can't be out here g&d da!$%t!!" Hahaha ya right..

Oh yea, I am a repo guy and I am going to document tampering with airport access gates, climbing fenses to gain entry to airports and breaking into hangars.

FWIW, I learned from watching my first episode of the show this afternoon that Piper made a 6 seat retractable gear "Archer" -- "that flies at 125 miles per hour".

'Learn something new everyday. :)

Back