airplane repo is faker than I thought

I just watched tonight's episode, plus the previous two that were run earlier in the day.

They certainly are piling the BS mighty high this season.

Stealing gas?

His helicopter repo mission is his first solo in a helicopter?

One of the repos was supposedly at an airport in Alameda County, California, but the airport diagram they were consulting wasn't from any airport in the county.

I wondered what "maximum security executive airport" they were at in the season's first episode, when I noticed them walking past a sign where I could make out "Lake Havasu Seaplane." Well, that solves that mystery!

:rofl:

1/4 mil and the best they could do was a couple of 2x4s and a ratchet strap connected to the blinker to put it on?

Lol, the straps are on the frame, the blocks are 4x6, and that bike rode there perfectly from Whittier to Seattle.;) And yes, we did things the 'Alaska way' on that boat.

Maybe it's John Galt! :yes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think all these shows give repo guys a bad rep. For the most part, outside of car repo, it's a pretty professional business, even car repo has some normal people in it.

Most all repo work is voluntary surrender. The ones that puzzled me back in 08 were the BofA ones for planes, especially C-150s. I was looking at incredible notes, like $75k on a ragged out old 150.:dunno:

I thought it was quite special when the battery he found sitting on a bench read 13.2 volts. Amazing that a battery not connected to anything would read alternator voltage...

I thought it was quite special when the battery he found sitting on a bench read 13.2 volts. Amazing that a battery not connected to anything would read alternator voltage...

The laws of physics are "just a theory." :D

I have a friend that owned a Westwind with 3 other partners, the other three went Tango Uniform in the real estate business, so he got stuck with 100% of the airplane. He called the bank with an offer on a short sale, he would pay the difference, something like $300K over 5 years, they refused. He told them to come get it, it sat in the hangar for about a year, maybe more before they finally picked it up. He kept it hangared, kept it insured, kept the inspections current etc, just didn't fly it, which I thought was stupid, but anyway they finally picked it up. :rolleyes:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think all these shows give repo guys a bad rep. For the most part, outside of car repo, it's a pretty professional business, even car repo has some normal people in it.

Most all repo work is voluntary surrender. The ones that puzzled me back in 08 were the BofA ones for planes, especially C-150s. I was looking at incredible notes, like $75k on a ragged out old 150.:dunno:

No, 13.2 is static voltage for a 6 cell lead acid battery, each cell is 2.2 Volts when fully charged. Alternators will produce between 13.6&14.2 volts for a "12Volt" system.

I have a friend that owned a Westwind with 3 other partners, the other three went Tango Uniform in the real estate business, so he got stuck with 100% of the airplane. He called the bank with an offer on a short sale, he would pay the difference, something like $300K over 5 years, they refused. He told them to come get it, it sat in the hangar for about a year, maybe more before they finally picked it up. He kept it hangared, kept it insured, kept the inspections current etc, just didn't fly it, which I thought was stupid, but anyway they finally picked it up. :rolleyes:

Probably couldn't afford the cycle and and timed component costs on his own.:dunno: But I guess that wouldn't matter would it. Yeah, seems strange unless he couldn't afford the fuel either, but then even after the repo, he's still on the hook for the difference between the note and recovered sale funds, so maybe it was cycle and time value driving the decision. He wanted them to get the most out of it at resale to reduce his liability.

Last edited:
No, 13.2 is static voltage for a 6 cell lead acid battery, each cell is 2.2 Volts when fully charged. Alternators will produce between 13.6&14.2 volts for a "12Volt" system.

It just amazes me how many instructors I met while in flight school that think a 12 volt system alternator will only produce a charge of 12 volts. I know I argued with my instructors over that. But again, they were taught to teach the information given them, not the truth.

I watched the latest episode of Airplane Repo, or something like that. I noticed that the guy taking the King Air 200 opened a compartment and said something like Great, got the books.! The book he was talking about sure looked like a Jepp book of approach plates and not the maintenance logbook.

Jump starting a C-340 from car batteries hooked up in series. The 340 I used to fly had the battery in the wing root, not next to the gas cap.

I hope the guy getting the helicopter was signed off to solo. It appeared that he could barely hover, but flying straight and level was not a problem.

But I digress, story making is more important than the truth.

Watching tonight's episode, while they're filming about the LearJet, and the audio says, "Lower the speed brakes".

Except the caption reads, "Lower the speed breaks".

Is it really that hard for somebody to proofread this stuff?

:rolleyes2:

Well in addition to that, they lay in the ATC call of "visibility greater than 10" right before they go into heavy IMC at 6 miles out... Im just tired of everything having to be so dire all the time, and the relentless ominous tones... ;/

Shane
The Squawk Shoppe
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well in addition to that, they lay in the ATC call of "visibility greater than 10" right before they go into heavy IMC at 6 miles out... Im just tired of everything having to be so dire all the time, and the relentless ominous tones... ;/
Shane
The Squawk Shoppe
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And this was done while they were doing the "F and R approach" according to the subtitle while the spoken words was "R Nav approach."

And that little lake they wanted to land the amphibious Beaver in looked like a very large lake to me. Wonder what happened to the cameara man that got left behind.

But I digress, this show is made to appeal to the non pilots in Tv land.

Wonder what happened to the cameara man that got left behind.

They're probably developing a reality show about him.

They'll show him wandering through the woods, cold and wet. Struggling to make a fire and shelter. Trapping and eating vermin. Drinking muddy water from hoofprints in the dirt. Making a teary-eyed video to his loved ones (a la Blair Witch). And then, right as he's about to die all alone in the woods, he'll be miraculously rescued, returned to civilization, reunited with his family, and with the help of a good therapist, overcomes his fear of abandonment.

I thought a battery at rest, normal fully charge state is 12.8, I've only seen 13.2 when the battery just been charged,

I thought a battery at rest, normal fully charge state is 12.8, I've only seen 13.2 when the battery just been charged,

Speaking of which, after they used the batteries to start the plane they left the batteries out in the open in front of the hangar.

Last nights episode where they landed the Lear 25 at Hondo due to fuel issues. He said he was trying to slip the plane at almost 500 miles and hour to even out the fuel tanks. I'm not a jet guy, is that even possible? Also, I've landed at Hondo a few times recently and that field is dead as a doornail, fbo was locked up, no planes in site, pretty sure I was the only person on the field anywhere, no vehicles, nothing. So highly doubtful he would've found any maintenance on that field anywhere.

Love the part were the guy grabs two car batteries to jump the plane. I guess opening the seat of the golf cart was out of the question.

Well, I finally threw in the towel about ten minutes into the latest episode. I just couldn't stomach the non stop BS anymore.

I loved how the repo Kevin Lacey was after started (again) in the Texas Panhandle and then Time Warped (sans a jump to the left) to Hondo, TX, west of San Antonio.

Understanding its all staged and fake, im just curious "IS" the steerman still in the hanger ?

Fore some reason I was thinking they were turning a normal repo job into a big staged production and kicking back to the poor sob who was going to get his plane repossessed anyway :dunno:

Was flipping the channels around between innings last night and came across some other "reality" show. Dunno why I stopped, but I stayed on it for about 30 seconds to see what it was about. The subtitle said "10:30pm", but the clock on the wall, in the far corner, almost out of the shot, showed 7:00.

Understanding its all staged and fake, im just curious "IS" the steerman still in the hanger ?

Fore some reason I was thinking they were turning a normal repo job into a big staged production and kicking back to the poor sob who was going to get his plane repossessed anyway :dunno:

This is said Stearman 6 days ago:
1910642_894537278540_71246554573165441_n.jpg

Was flipping the channels around between innings last night and came across some other "reality" show. Dunno why I stopped, but I stayed on it for about 30 seconds to see what it was about. The subtitle said "10:30pm", but the clock on the wall, in the far corner, almost out of the shot, showed 7:00.

I have three visible clocks in my office. Not a single one shows the correct time. And only one is actually running.

But yeah, I hear you.

I watched a crew film a Kingsford Charcoal commercial. Wow, talk about the magic of the camera. They had makeup artists for the food. Especially memorable was when one of my BBQ buddies ended up in it. His line, "Kingsford Charcoal gives my meat better flavor."

It's got that total Cougar Valerie....oh my id knock the dust off that ol gal. Hats off to that fella.

Attachments

• B8XP6piCQAA3Egq.jpg
    B8XP6piCQAA3Egq.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 111
I'm impressed. Even Jesus only managed three days before rising from the dead, you pulled this one back after more than four years! Bravo.

I watched a crew film a Kingsford Charcoal commercial. Wow, talk about the magic of the camera. They had makeup artists for the food. Especially memorable was when one of my BBQ buddies ended up in it. His line, "Kingsford Charcoal gives my meat better flavor."

I thought their tagline was ...."with Kingsford, your meat can't be beat..."

I know, coat, hat, and I'll close the door on the way out.

I thought their tagline was ...."with Kingsford, your meat can't be beat..."

I know, coat, hat, and I'll close the door on the way out.
Oh, don't worry. I'm sure we've all been thrown out of better places than this.

It's got that total Cougar Valerie....oh my id knock the dust off that ol gal. Hats off to that fella.
She's a little old for me, but I'd still give her a 9/10.

Back