Airplane rental in San Diego area

jjflys

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
jjflys
Making two business trips soon to San Diego and will have some free time on both. I'd love to rent a 172, 182 or SR-20 and hire an instructor while I am there to do some sea level flying. I did the same thing in San Francisco earlier this summer and it was quite the blast for this pilot from Denver. :)

Both trips have me staying near SAN, and it looks like MYF and SDM would be an easy uber ride from the hotel. Any tips on good rental outfits at either airport?

If you are near SDM, I would check out First Flight (firstflightcorp.com). At MYF, normally I would recommend Plus One, but for just a single trip or two, the membership requirements won't be worth the trouble.

Making two business trips soon to San Diego and will have some free time on both. I'd love to rent a 172, 182 or SR-20 and hire an instructor while I am there to do some sea level flying. I did the same thing in San Francisco earlier this summer and it was quite the blast for this pilot from Denver. :)

Both trips have me staying near SAN, and it looks like MYF and SDM would be an easy uber ride from the hotel. Any tips on good rental outfits at either airport?

PM sent with contact info for a great CFI

If his CFI doesn't work out for you let me know and I'll get you the info for mine. He flies out of CRQ and MYF using planes from Plus One and a couple other places.

Back