Airnav removes hotels

MooneyDriver78

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Tom
They used to list hotels and distances, I check a few, they seem to have removed that information.
Yes I know I can launch map site and do it manually, but it's a PIA.

I was noticing that a couple of days ago. I wonder why they dropped that? It was a good source of information.

I have always found their list of hotels dreadfully lacking.

I was noticing that a couple of days ago. I wonder why they dropped that? It was a good source of information.

I suspect that hotel listings may have been an income stream (trickle?) for them at one point but perhaps it's not nearly as lucrative/viable any more.

FWIW, in the search field in google maps, I type in "hotels near KABC" or whatever your airport ID is, and it will return nearby hotels and ratings.

That also works for restaurants too.

FWIW, in the search field in google maps, I type in "hotels near KABC" or whatever your airport ID is, and it will return nearby hotels and ratings.
Me too, if I'm looking for particular brands. If not, i contact the FBO which might have a corporate discount. I've stayed at some great places with exceptional rates that way.

Hmmm... Just looked at my hometown airport to see if the local hotels were listed there. They weren't. The gas price isn't listed either. But it is listed on 100LL.com. It's also listed for another nearby airport.

Is AirNav getting picky on which gas prices they advertise??

The hotel feature looked like an automated system.

Airnav is a 2 man shop. Features come and go as the developer guy updates his code.

For the price, I can't complain.

That also works for restaurants too.
I just did a test drive of this with random airports and it worked bout 50% of the time, maybe less. It doesn't recognize some, like KIRK and KSGF. It works if you type in the name of the towns. Pretty clunky.

I used it as a guidance for how close hotels are to the airport. I picked airports with hotels within walking distance to save me rental car, cab fares. Going to google and checking each one is a royal PIA. Having links to nearby airports I could quickly check all the airports in an area with minimal clicks.

I just did a test drive of this with random airports and it worked bout 50% of the time, maybe less. It doesn't recognize some, like KIRK and KSGF. It works if you type in the name of the towns. Pretty clunky.
??? Your mileage may vary (it probably won't work 100% of the time), but perhaps your Google-foo is weak (it should work pretty well way more than 50% of the time).

Airports with names like "KIRK" that are ambiguous probably need some additional guidance in the search query. Try "hotels near kirksville airport", instead.

"Hotels near ksgf" seems to work fine for me.

Be sure to click the "maps" tab when you do this.

Just locating/sizing the map to the area you're interested in and typing "hotels" into the search box works pretty well, too. (Note that zoom level can affect which results appear on the map.)

Last edited:
Not that much of a loss. It was basically a select site for a discount ,or not, hotel booking firm. Go on foreflight ,they give the names of hotels in the area,with the local phone numbers.

Back