Airmet Zulu Blues!

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
Had a nice quick trip to Gadsden, Al, planned for today, but I'd rather not become an airborne popsicle!

Oh well. :dunno:

Bill Jennings said:
Had a nice quick trip to Gadsden, Al, planned for today, but I'd rather not become an airborne popsicle!

But the day is not lost, I've wantd to take a tower tour since I've been a pilot, but it has been hard to get in. My buddy Brent just called and said he has us scheduled for a tower tour (CHA class C) today at 5pm with the tower super.

Cool beans, I'll report back!!!

Bill Jennings said:
But the day is not lost, I've wantd to take a tower tour since I've been a pilot, but it has been hard to get in. My buddy Brent just called and said he has us scheduled for a tower tour (CHA class C) today at 5pm with the tower super.

Cool beans, I'll report back!!!
Tower tours are fun. I was lucky enough to get one last year at GFK and also to spend some time at out FSS station before it was "centralized". Have fun, Bill.

terry

Bill Jennings said:

No compassion here. Airmet Zulus almost every day since October!

Bill Jennings said:

Ah, well, I was going to go to Martinsville, VA with Mark Shilling, but lots of wind and lots of turbulence put an end to that idea - we could have done it if we had to (um, read that as: "Mark could have done it if he had to" :redface: ) but it fell a bit below the lower limit for fun for me, so we bagged it. I appreciate that Mark was so understanding!

OTOH, a guy in a Mooney landed and you could see head-shaped bumps on the top of his fuselage... right over the left seat! :eek:

etsisk said:
Ah, well, I was going to go to Martinsville, VA with Mark Shilling, but lots of wind and lots of turbulence put an end to that idea - we could have done it if we had to (um, read that as: "Mark could have done it if he had to" :redface: ) but it fell a bit below the lower limit for fun for me, so we bagged it. I appreciate that Mark was so understanding!

OTOH, a guy in a Mooney landed and you could see head-shaped bumps on the top of his fuselage... right over the left seat! :eek:

Yep, I saw that Airmet tango over youse guys when I checked the weather. Bumps build character!

Bill Jennings said:
Yep, I saw that Airmet tango over youse guys when I checked the weather. Bumps build character!
I got all the character I need, buddy! Why, when I walk down the street, people say "look at that character!" :D

Normally, I would have gone with it, but today just wasn't that day, you know?

etsisk said:
Normally, I would have gone with it, but today just wasn't that day, you know?

About three months after I got my PP, I went out on a flight with 250hr pilot friend up to Lynchburg, VA, for lunch. Airmet tango, winds aloft out of the west at 40-60kts, but we went anyway.

Good learning experience, a good bit of the flight was spent well below Va to ensure the old girl (over 10,000TT on our club Skyhawk) would get us home. Got the tar kicked out of us, and I now know I (and the plane) can handle moderate to severe turb.

Would l volunteer to go out in that again? Heck no. Wise choice, Tom!

Back