Airline pilot - job that does not suck.

That's pretty funny. I'm a geologist, and volcanology (a branch of geology, for those of you who slept through school) isn't the part I would have picked. It's dangerous!

Geology is the perfect job for anyone who loves the outdoors, like me. If you don't mind heat, cold, bugs, and not being able to shower for days or weeks, which I don't, you can't beat waking up to a sunrise over the red rock canyonlands, or the flow of an Arctic river with caribou grazing nearby, or a view that goes forever from the side of a mountain. Coffee never tastes as good at home as it does with the sun rising to throw off the night's chill and the birds singing.

I've gotten paid to do what others have spent hundreds or even thousands of dollars to do.

On the other hand, if you are a city type who wouldn't know birdsong if you heard it and who quails at the thought of walking two steps without air conditioning or heat and who gets lonely when out of contact with other humans for more than 30 seconds, geology would definitely be a job that sucks.

Judy

Last edited:
That's pretty funny. I'm a geologist, and volcanology (a branch of geology, for those of you who slept through school) isn't the part I would have picked. It's dangerous!

Geology is the perfect job for anyone who loves the outdoors, like me. If you don't mind heat, cold, bugs, and not being able to shower for days or weeks, which I don't, you can't beat waking up to a sunrise over the red rock canyonlands, or the flow of an Arctic river with caribou grazing nearby, or a view that goes forever from the side of a mountain. Coffee never tastes as good at home as it does with the sun rising to throw off the night's chill and the birds singing.

I've gotten paid to do what others have spent hundreds or even thousands of dollars to do.

On the other hand, if you are a city type who wouldn't know birdsong if you heard it and who quails at the thought of walking two steps without air conditioning or heat and who gets lonely when out of contact with other humans for more than 30 seconds, geology would definitely be a job that sucks.

Judy

Reminder to self, open window when flying with Judy....

Reminder to self, open window when flying with Judy....

Now, I had dinner with her a while back, and I didn't notice anything. Not sure what that means (glad my wife doesn't read this board - and she was at the dinner, too), but... :p

Pretty bogus list.

#1 assumes alcoholism is great
#2 software testing is boring, nit-picking work.
#3 pays?

etc...

Back