Airline Dispatch Training

RiverHigh

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
RiverHigh
Does anyone have any knowledge in this field?

I've been toying with the thought of getting a dispatch certificate, but I've always wondered where would be the best place to get a certificate.

It would be something I'd prefer to get in six weeks or less for as low a price as possible (unless there's too much of a sacrifice in quality).

Anyone with expertise in this subject? It's something I've researched a little bit on and off, but most of the details I find are very general, and not specific to someone seriously considering this route. Mostly, I just wonder which training facility would be best.

Does anyone have any knowledge in this field?

I've been toying with the thought of getting a dispatch certificate, but I've always wondered where would be the best place to get a certificate.

It would be something I'd prefer to get in six weeks or less for as low a price as possible (unless there's too much of a sacrifice in quality).

Anyone with expertise in this subject? It's something I've researched a little bit on and off, but most of the details I find are very general, and not specific to someone seriously considering this route. Mostly, I just wonder which training facility would be best.
Jeppesen also has a program, check the website.

I did my training and oral/practical at Airline Ground Schools in LUK. It was ok. I won an NBAA dispatch scholarship and used the award there. I fly full time but still keep the dispatch credentials in my back pocket just in case the opportunity presents itself one day...

I did my training and oral/practical at Airline Ground Schools in LUK. It was ok. I won an NBAA dispatch scholarship and used the award there. I fly full time but still keep the dispatch credentials in my back pocket just in case the opportunity presents itself one day...

Is Danny Morteson still teaching there?

Thanks guys. All good candidates for sure.

I guess my worry is that I'll spend all this time and money on a dispatcher license, only to never be able to put it to good use. I imagine airline dispatch jobs are highly competitive?

I'm guessing I'd most likely only be able to start at small charter companies, for little pay?

I'm a CTI grad who was waiting for a call to train for air traffic control, but with the way things are going with the FAA, it's looking like I need an alternate career. Just hoping dispatching is a good prospect.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. All good candidates for sure.

I guess my worry is that I'll spend all this time and money on a dispatcher license, only to never be able to put it to good use. I imagine airline dispatch jobs are highly competitive?

I'm guessing I'd most likely only be able to start at small charter companies, for little pay?

I'm a CTI grad who was waiting for a call to train for air traffic control, but with the way things are going with the FAA, it's looking like I need an alternate career. Just hoping dispatching is a good prospect.

You can work for a reginal carrier from the get go. The pay is low. Rack up about 5 yrs there and then your good to try and interview with the majors. Did my Dispatch training out of Tuscon,AZ.

Where are you located? Your path sounds somewhat similar to mine. I start a two week class the 1st of December in the Dallas area (home).

Back