Airdrie Air Show 2009

Everskyward

Experimenter
Display Name

Display name:
Everskyward
I wish I had brought a better camera but I had no idea I would be seeing this air show... or even that it was going on. I thought that Wednesday evening was an odd time to have an air show but they had a huge turnout.

Link to Picasa album

I had never seen the Canadian Forces Snowbirds before and I thought they were pretty cool.

Yes there was a car display too.

I had never seen the Canadian Forces Snowbirds before and I thought they were pretty cool.

Thanks for the pics, they're nice. Personally, I'd rather see the Snowbirds perform than the Thunderbirds or the Blue Angels. I'm not real fond of the, "Let's see how close we can come to an 800 kt head-on" style of show flying.

Trapper John

Personally, I'd rather see the Snowbirds perform than the Thunderbirds or the Blue Angels. I'm not real fond of the, "Let's see how close we can come to an 800 kt head-on" style of show flying.
It's a whole different style of performance, more graceful and lyrical, but they are much smaller, lower-powered aircraft. One of the other performers was a solo F18 Hornet. The announcer said that the one airplane had as much thrust as all 9 Snowbirds put together.

It's a whole different style of performance, more graceful and lyrical, but they are much smaller, lower-powered aircraft. One of the other performers was a solo F18 Hornet. The announcer said that the one airplane had as much thrust as all 9 Snowbirds put together.

It's Football vs. Ballet.

Thanks for the pics, they're nice. Personally, I'd rather see the Snowbirds perform than the Thunderbirds or the Blue Angels. I'm not real fond of the, "Let's see how close we can come to an 800 kt head-on" style of show flying.

Trapper John
I was once at a show where we had all three! (Dayton, OH, celebration of the Centennial of Flight). They're all good in their own way.

Back