AircraftClubs.com

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
If anyone has any PIREPS, please share.

If you are going to tell me about a different system, that's permitted, but please be thorough about why you are writing about that one (the good, better, bad, ugly) and please provide subscription cost info and link to site.

My club uses it. It's pretty good, I think. We have 60 regular members and a few associate memberships. There are some features that we bypass because they charge extra to use them. For example, club instructors. The system has the capability to identify certain members as CFI's, but for some reason they charge extra for that. Presumably you could book an instructor along with an aircraft, but we just provide a current list of instructors in the linked documents section and leave it up to club member and instructor to coordinate their schedules.

Is there anything in particular you are curious about?

We use it. seems okay but sends far too many mail notifications in the current iteration.

The maintenance tracking and CFI pieces are extra, which is unfortunate.

With your posting rules I can't tell you about another option which has these features in the regular price, since I don't the current price.

We also use it but I think you can change the settings to control what email notifications you want to receive.

My club uses it also. From the user end, it works as expected. Last year there was some sort of upgrade on the features, and the club admin staff weren't quite aware of what they signed up for apparently. For example, a feature showed up allowing pilots to put squawks in on the aircraft. The admin people didn't want that feature, so they had it disabled.

I would think a squawk sheet would be excellent.

If you want to make sure you have extra, non-essential documentation for the FAA to pick apart after the fact of an incident or accident, then an electronic squawk sheet is an excellent idea. There is no chance of ever losing or misplacing it at a critical time.

If you want to make sure you have extra, non-essential documentation for the FAA to pick apart after the fact of an incident or accident, then an electronic squawk sheet is an excellent idea. There is no chance of ever losing or misplacing it at a critical time.

If you deal with the fleet and squawks appropriately, you will have evidence of how meticulous your operation was when the aggrieved widow and mothers of the schoolyard of children that all died in the wreck come to sue you jointly and severally.

I would hesitate to be in a club that was afraid to be open and honest about how they care for their equipment. WTF are they hiding?

If you do the right thing, then all of this stuff can work to great advantage. I know I sure would like to see the squawks when reserving a plane.

The thing about having documentation to pick apart is it also can exonerate you when dealt with correctly. It really isn't that hard, and the FAA is not unrealistic about problems.

Last edited:

I'd be worried about renting from a place that was afraid to have any paper trail of aircraft squawks...

Hi Mike,

Aircraftclubs.com has been around for a long time. They recently had a major update (sold to another company?). Better now than it once was.

I'm a pilot in South Carolina and started Flight Circle a few years back. The biggest thing for me was a modern solution that combined billing and scheduling at an affordable price. So billing, scheduling, maintenance, instructors, and ALL of our other features are included at one price per aircraft - $10/mo.

We use the latest in development options and the site is fully mobile responsive (fits a phone, tablet, etc). Flight Circle is simple, and works. We're adding features weekly and users love it.

You can keep up with user's balances, automate monthly dues, users can see their flight history and balance. If you setup credit cards, they can even self-pay online. Super easy.

Check it out, or signup at: www.flightcircle.com

If you want more details reply or email me: josh @ flightcircle.com

Now if you could come up with a "club consolidator" that gave reciprocal rental and maintenance access between clubs around the country/world, that would have some great benefits.

Now if you could come up with a "club consolidator" that gave reciprocal rental and maintenance access between clubs around the country/world, that would have some great benefits.

Interesting. Care to elaborate some more?

I'd be worried about renting from a place that was afraid to have any paper trail of aircraft squawks...

I really don't know why they didn't want it. Maybe it was an extra cost feature. We still submit squawks on the flight tickets, and actually, in aircraft clubs, there is a way to submit squawks still via cancellation reason. For example: cancelled flight because the oleo strut was fully compressed, or ice on the plane, etc. Those get e-mailed out to the other members at least so they know what is going on.

Interesting. Care to elaborate some more?

A network of clubs. Let's say you belong to the club in Dallas, you fly commercial to Seattle, you have access to a club planes there. Let's say you fly your plane and have a problem, their maintenance facility takes care of you without ripping you off.

Our club does not use the open squawk feature either, but it has nothing to do with trying to hide anything. We had a system in place before that worked just fine, and therefore no reason to change it. Getting 60 members to change to a new system is not as easy as you may think. We also feel that having maintenance issues go through one person is better than out to everyone. If the issue is worthy of letting everyone know, then a group email goes out, but it is up to the maintenance officer to make that determination and send out the message.

Back