Aircraft rental: Where in Central Michigan?

Flamin_Squirrel

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Flamin_Squirrel
Hi Guys,

I'm coming over from the UK later this year and I'm looking into the posibility of doing some flying while visiting. Unfortunately I'm struggling to find anywhere to rent an aircraft from.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'll be spending most of my time in Mt Pleasant, with a trip Grand Rapids, so anywhere in those areas would be ideal.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I'm coming over from the UK later this year and I'm looking into the posibility of doing some flying while visiting. Unfortunately I'm struggling to find anywhere to rent an aircraft from.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'll be spending most of my time in Mt Pleasant, with a trip Grand Rapids, so anywhere in those areas would be ideal.

Thanks.
Its about a hour and thirty minute drive for you but DCT Aviation in Waterford MI (PTK) has a Warrior, two Archers, Arrow and a Cherokee Six on their rental line. All have 430W with 496 in the planes. There number is 248 666-1800. Tell them Mike sent you, one of the best FBOs I have ever been around. I don't rent from them as I belong to a club on the field but they have some very nice planes.

Good Luck Mike

I would contact somebody at Clare Municipal (48D) 989-386-0445. Clare is just a short drive up 27 from Mt. Pleasant and has a wonderful airport. I think I remember reading they even had a rental Cessna 170 taildragger at one time.

I would contact somebody at Clare Municipal (48D) 989-386-0445. Clare is just a short drive up 27 from Mt. Pleasant and has a wonderful airport. I think I remember reading they even had a rental Cessna 170 taildragger at one time.
Dick does run a fine airport there, ice cream in the freezer, nice courtesy car to use and most days free popcorn and some of the cheapest fuel prices around. I sold him my old Piper 140 years ago.

Mike

Dick does run a fine airport there, ice cream in the freezer, nice courtesy car to use and most days free popcorn and some of the cheapest fuel prices around.

Yes! Pete and I stopped by there on the way back from the FlyBQ last year. Cheap fuel and free ice cream, what's not to love?

I sold him my old Piper 140 years ago.

Wow, I didn't know Piper had been around that long? :goofy:

Great people. I stopped there for fuel on my way back from Beaver Island last May and had a milkshake and a very nice conversation with Dick and Nicki. Nicki encouraged me to join the 99s. I have to get back up that way sometime.

Thanks guys.

They've got a Cherokee at Clare which would be idea as that's what I'm flying at the moment, and Clare isnt far from Mt Pleasant B)

Thanks guys.

They've got a Cherokee at Clare which would be idea as that's what I'm flying at the moment, and Clare isnt far from Mt Pleasant B)
Yes the Airplane is a Piper 140 IFR, N6221W. I bought it to do my IFR training in and had for a couple of years and then sold it because of a divorce. Great flying plane. Dick makes you feel at home up there.

Mike

Back