Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D

Attachments

• TrunkMonkey4.wmv
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
I would buy one of these in a heartbeat! What's cooler than this:

"So what have you got under the hood?"

"I don't know, some sort of four cylinder, I think.....But check out what's in the trunk!"

Funny clip, next up "Baggage Compartment Monkey!"

--Matt

The aircraft at PHI were equipped with trunk monkeys.

It started with the S-92 drivers who were so enamored with the idea of trunk monkeys that they nicknamed their mechanic/crew chiefs who rode along on the flights as such; even had T-shirts printed up for them. Soon the trunk monkey craze spread and on crewed helicopters, the person who flew right seat that day (we swapped every other day PIC and SIC) was the trunk monkey, as he/she was the pilot that had to get out and load/unload pax on the rigs, etc. So I got the honor of being a 'trunk monkey' 3 or 4 days a week. We even had a 'fake' button installed on the panel labelled as trunk monkey. Hey, you gotta have some fun in the swamp somehow!

I love the trunk monkey episode with the police officer and the trunk monkey offering the donut. 'Is this your monkey?' Kills me everytime. :goofy:

Those videos are shown at the Warbirds Banquet every year at Airventure and Sun 'n Fun. My personal favorite is the toss over the bridge...:)

Back