Aircraft Logbooks

wanttaja

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Wanttaja
Since its was built thirty years, ago, the owners of my Fly Babies have been using the EAA Homebuilt Log books to record flights and maintenance on the airplane. These books were sort of a combination of pilot logs and the usual aircraft log book. When open, the left leaf was the flight information and the right side was blank lined paper for notes.

However, EAA has changed the format of the log. It's now basically a maintenance log, with the opposite side of each page just a duplicate page.

I've switched to a loose-leaf notebook as an aircraft log...but got to thinking: This would make it extremely easy to delete material from the logbook, or replace pages with changed data.

Can anyone clue me in as to whether there's supposed to be some sort of standard regarding aircraft logs?

Ron Wanttaja

Can say there is a "standard" other than the requirement to log certain things IAW CFRs....

:dunno:

I added columns to my flight log for Chief engine time. I log oil changes using a printout updated with correct time and date. All other maintenance is also logged. So my flight log doubles as my Chief flying log.

Of course I fly other airplanes as well...

Since its was built thirty years, ago, the owners of my Fly Babies have been using the EAA Homebuilt Log books to record flights and maintenance on the airplane. These books were sort of a combination of pilot logs and the usual aircraft log book. When open, the left leaf was the flight information and the right side was blank lined paper for notes.

However, EAA has changed the format of the log. It's now basically a maintenance log, with the opposite side of each page just a duplicate page.

I've switched to a loose-leaf notebook as an aircraft log...but got to thinking: This would make it extremely easy to delete material from the logbook, or replace pages with changed data.

Can anyone clue me in as to whether there's supposed to be some sort of standard regarding aircraft logs?

Ron Wanttaja
It's all in what the buyer expects to see.

and that is usually those little green ad red books.

the proper term is "Maintenance Records"?

Ron Wanttaja

None required. I have seen all shapes and forms of maintenance records.

For me I would use either the ASA log books or any generic aircraft logbook available from the suppliers. The bound ones are better IMO.

Back