Aircraft landing with gear problems - Arlington, TX

Great landing. He did forget to shut off electrical along with mags but I don't think of us will be absolutely perfect on an emergency checklist right at the moment it's most needed.

As usual, the reporter was somewhat ignorant on matters. He stated the engines were shut down to avoid more damage and having to overhaul them. I'm not sure he'd want to see what could happen if the engines were not shut down; although it would make for a bigger news story.

Great landing. He did forget to shut off electrical along with mags but I don't think of us will be absolutely perfect on an emergency checklist right at the moment it's most needed.

As usual, the reporter was somewhat ignorant on matters. He stated the engines were shut down to avoid more damage and having to overhaul them. I'm not sure he'd want to see what could happen if the engines were not shut down; although it would make for a bigger news story.

I think the guy doing the talking on the live feed is the pilot of Chopper 5..

cant find it on site now. what kind of plane?

Here's the detail.
The other link was the live video feed from Chopper 5. Here's the info on the plane:

N13AW
Aircraft Manufacturer : BEECH
Model : 95
Engine Manufacturer : LYCOMING
Model : O&VO-360 SER
Aircraft Year : 1958

Found better video:

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_019180706.html

You'll have to fast forward thru a lot of trips around the pattern.

Well done. I had to look the plane up after the previous post to make sure it wasn't my old girl, that wouls have been another heartbreak (it obviously wasn't from the pics on this sight, no big rear windows or BDS/SS windscreen).

My favorite part was this bit of the article: "The pilot was an instructor, and had prior experience landing a plane without landing gear."

That's a pretty good landing considering the landing gear was about half way down. It could have been a disaster.

Back