Aircraft Broker-Aircraft Ownership Solutions

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Anyone have any experience with or heard about Aircraft Ownership Solutions in Kokomo, IN? Please PM me, as I would prefer responses not be posted on board. Looking to buy an aircraft with a partnership. Found one, but i dont get a warm fuzzy feeling about process or plane. There is one review on Yelp. I kind of formed my own opinion speaking with a salesman. Wondering what others think.

Thanks

Arthur

Anyone have any experience with or heard about Aircraft Ownership Solutions in Kokomo, IN? Please PM me, as I would prefer responses not be posted on board. Looking to buy an aircraft with a partnership. Found one, but i dont get a warm fuzzy feeling about process or plane. There is one review on Yelp. I kind of formed my own opinion speaking with a salesman. Wondering what others think.

Thanks

Arthur

I have no idea about the company or what they do, BUT when my gut tells me to walk away, it's usually right. :D

I second what John says. If a man is in the business of selling airplanes or brokering them then he shoudl have setup everything from beginning to finish so that all parties are comfortable.

If you have to post a deposit before putting eyes on the plane for example then walk away.

I had a guy in Norther Midwest states who was a broker and he wanted a deposit before he would give me the tail number. He said he did not want to have someone make a deal around him. Well he should have protected himself with a contract with the seller not impose on the buyers to sight unseen put up money.

I called the local BBB of the area code of his office and turned out although he claimed the deposits are 100% refundable he had complaints about not refunding deposits.

And then everyone has heard of Baron Thomas and legal troubles he has had for defrauding customers.

Buyer Beware.

I bought both of my airplanes in Kansas. One was resident here so that was just dumb luck and the 2nd one was resident 1500 miles away and I got the seller to take a free to him trip to to bring the plane to me. I was sure I was going to buy the plane as I had a good feeling about the seller. I paid gas, hotel and meals for the guy which was less than $500 back then. I then he brought the plane to Kansas which my Attorney did cartwheels for me to transact the sale in Kansas. She says you always prefer to buy your items within the state you reside for many, many reasons.

I have purchased several aircraft from dealer/brokers and found them to be reputable and rather easy to deal with.provide no money until the pre buy and if the broker doesn't trust you then walk away ,says something about his character.Barron Thomas was the perfect example he had everyone fooled for awhile.

Art, you are going to have to learn the nitty gritty soon enough. Just keep fishing. The are nice ones out there, and reasonable humans as well as a__hats and maroons.

You could hire an agent to look on your behalf, paid by you- that arrangement gives him an incentive to GET IT RIGHT.

Back