Air-to-Air Cessna 172

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
I completely forgot to post my photos of this plane! I was holding back because it was going in Plane & Pilot magazine.

51238851874_dfe95b365a_b.jpg

51238059881_e65d012b4a_b.jpg

51239099935_3d59b19fab_b.jpg

51237329357_238191f4db_b.jpg

51239096740_6786659184_b.jpg

51238811394_edf63d9036_b.jpg

I completely forgot to post my photos of this plane! I was holding back because it was going in Plane & Pilot magazine.
I genuinely hate the 172 but DAMN, all your photos, including this one, kick @$$ !!

Love the shiny red, owner obviously takes pride in his plane.

by the way, thought this was funny "Another thing Skyhawks won't do is carry as many people as seats... leaving a useful load of 962 pounds" .. I have yet to find any four seat plane that will actually fly with four seats filled and any meaningful amount of gas. The ~1000 lb useful load seems to be a typical number for most single engine piston

I genuinely hate the 172 but DAMN, all your photos, including this one, kick @$$ !!

Love the shiny red, owner obviously takes pride in his plane.

by the way, thought this was funny "Another thing Skyhawks won't do is carry as many people as seats... leaving a useful load of 962 pounds" .. I have yet to find any four seat plane that will actually fly with four seats filled and any meaningful amount of gas. The ~1000 lb useful load seems to be a typical number for most single engine piston

Actually the R182 will easily do that. The useful load is about 1400 lb. It can carry four adults and about 80 gals of fuel (almost 6 hours endurance).

Out of curiosity, why did they publish specs for a 1957 model when this one is clearly not?

Out of curiosity, why did they publish specs for a 1957 model when this one is clearly not?
They typically write the story before I find the plane I want to shoot. The stories are typically just generic about the type of plane. Before I started working with them, they would just find a photo or two on the internet and ask permission to use them.

I love when you get shots over interesting ground features!! Can you post a full shot where it was over the damn?

I am trying to wrap up photos of our local planes. They last guy has a recently painted Dakota. He is a farmer and I am going to try get a shot over his farm. Any tips on timing shots over specific ground locations. Knowing me it will take 11 runs LOL!

Great photos as always.

Actually the R182 will easily do that. The useful load is about 1400 lb. It can carry four adults and about 80 gals of fuel (almost 6 hours endurance).
I believe you but the ones in our club don't quite boast such impressive stats

I love when you get shots over interesting ground features!! Can you post a full shot where it was over the damn?

I am trying to wrap up photos of our local planes. They last guy has a recently painted Dakota. He is a farmer and I am going to try get a shot over his farm. Any tips on timing shots over specific ground locations. Knowing me it will take 11 runs LOL!

Great photos as always.
Thank you.

I don't have a shot of the full area, but the dam is on Lake Travis in Austin if you want to Google it. As far as lining up the shots, it will look like the subject on the ground is actually under your wingtip. Trust me, I've made many passes trying to get that shot. I've got my photo pilots trained well enough now they just get me lined up for the shot! I rarely make adjustments.

Last edited:
Back