Air Show

Danos

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i And I Survive
I was supposed to go for a trip in a DA-40 today but my friend didn't fit in the plane. Believe me, we tried! Bummed, I decided to kick around the field for a while and saw in the distance a C130 and a row of blue tails. THE BLUE ANGELS!! I had never been happy to cancel a flight before today!

We drove to the other end of the field and as I was getting out of the car a P-51 and F-22 did a flyby. The F-22 came around again and lit the afterburners. Incredible!!! Fat Albert fired up the engines and took to the sky. Shot straight up like a fighter and departed the area. The Angels followed. Needless to say, it's unreal to hear six F-18 screaming in unison. They taxied out, lit up the smoke trails and were off as well. In addtion tho the Blue Angel team there were an array of other warbirds buzzing around going to and from Jones Beach where the show was taking place. Even though I wasn't at the actual "show", I got one anyway.

I got some shots of the Angels and a video of them taxiing to go do their thing. Sorry if it looks like some of them were taken from Rahway. It was interesting to see Gulfstream and Lear pilots checking them out and vice versa. I guess the grass really is greener on the other side. Not a bad day to leave the plane parked and poke around the field. B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khuy5cCS9nQ

Attachments

• DSC01283.JPG
    DSC01283.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC01284.JPG
    DSC01284.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC01286.JPG
    DSC01286.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 14
  • DSC01297.JPG