Air Race Classic

M

maharals

We went to watch the first stop in this 2400 mile all woman air race yesterday. I had the perfect spot as my hanger faces the runway and shaded us from the sun and we could hear them calling in with my portable radio. It was pretty exciting around 11am when the majority of the planes were arriving at once. They had to fly by the officials (down the active at 200') then either continue on to Sweetwater, TX (if they had enough fuel) or enter the pattern to stop. At one point there was a dual fly-by with a plane departing and several in line landing. I have never seen so many planes at one time at our airport (KLBL)... It was pretty cool and the ladies looked / sounded like they were having the time of their lives. http://www.airraceclassic.org/

I think a multiple day cross country race would be a lot of fun. Are there any races like that for us guys or couples?

I think a multiple day cross country race would be a lot of fun. Are there any races like that for us guys or couples?
I know that there are other air races where you can be a guy. There's Denver to Jackpot, put on by the Colorado Pilot's Association and the Okie Derby. Neither one is a long as the Air Race Classic, though. There was also the US Air Race but it doesn't look like it has been run since 2007.

There's another thread about this race here.

Back