Air Canada - Thumbs Up!

kevin47881

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Time to fly!
It's been many years since I've had the opportunity to fly Air Canada (AC). However, today I took a flight from Nashville to Toronto. AC still provides customer service and it should not go unnoticed (hence this thread).

The Nashville in-bound flight was delayed about 20 minutes due to de-icing in Toronto. Upon boarding, the captain and FA both offered apologies and an explanation for the delay. So far so good. Once beverage service began, the FA made an announcement that adult drinks are $6 but due to the inconvenience of the delay, the fee would be waived. I actually missed the announcement due to sitting next to the engine.

When the FA arrived I asked for a Baily's and if she could break a $20. She stated the drink was on the house due to the delay and then said "here, have two".

It's not so much they provided a free drink, but rather they acknowledged the delay in a timely and accurate fashion. They then came over the top by providing something for nothing for a situation in which they had zero control over.

I told the FA when debarking that they should come to the US and provide customer service training to US carriers.

Bailey's? You should be ashamed. :nono:

For your sin, you need to pay homage to Jasper's grave. :D

Back