Aiport projects included in the "stimulus package"

Hmmm...quite a bit in Albuquerque. Not much of it is worthwhile:
Code:
Fiber Optic System Expansion  	Albuquerque  	NM  	10  	$1,000,000  	Airport  	2
Sunport Boulevard Mill and Repave 	Albuquerque 	NM 	50 	$2,000,000 	Airport 	3
South General Aviation Parking Lot Replacement 	Albuquerque 	NM 	50 	$2,000,000 	Airport 	0
Airport Communications Center 	Albuquerque 	NM 	50 	$6,000,000 	Airport 	2
Storm Drain Improvements 	Albuquerque 	NM 	20 	$2,000,000 	Airport 	1
Airport Terminal Optimization 	Albuquerque 	NM 	150 	$13,000,000 	Airport 	-7
FUDS (Formerly Used Defense Site) Clearance 	Albuquerque 	NM 	20 	$8,000,000 	Airport 	-2
South General Aviation Apron Replacement 	Albuquerque 	NM 	75 	$9,000,000 	Airport 	-1
FUDS (Formerly Used Defense Site) Clearance 	Albuquerque 	NM 	20 	$8,000,000 	Airport 	0
Runway 4-22 Reconstruction 	Albuquerque 	NM 	75 	$7,000,000 	Airport 	4

So it looks like all but one of those is at the Sunport, and the one at Double Eagle is the last one, which is dumb, since Runway 4/22 is actually in pretty good condition. I'd like to see anything happen to kill off Bode Aviation anyway, so if it were my call, the only things I'd vote for would be the South General Aviation Apron Replacement and the Airport Communication Center. Everything else is chaff.

Last edited:
I don't know that the So. GA apron is worthy either. The only thing in BAD condition (other than Eclipse) is the Observation P.Lot at the approach to RWY 8.
Use the $$ on the roads. Heck, even Paseo del Volcan from I-40 to AEG is alot worse than anything at ABQ (except the Obs. P.Lot)

I don't know that the So. GA apron is worthy either. The only thing in BAD condition (other than Eclipse) is the Observation P.Lot at the approach to RWY 8.
Use the $$ on the roads. Heck, even Paseo del Volcan from I-40 to AEG is alot worse than anything at ABQ (except the Obs. P.Lot)

LOL, that's not saying much. When I am on Paseo Del Volcan, I usually drive about 80 (the cops don't really care out there), and I know where to weave to avoid hitting the 3 foot potholes. lol.

But yeah, I actually, the GA Apron is actually fine at KABQ, for some reason, I was thinking at KAEG, by the old West Mesa Aviation building. Lots of nastiness on the Apron there. I wonder which one it is.

Wow, Check out the BILLION Bucksin there to "improve" the Hartsfield-Jackson-Lets's Name It After Everybody International Center for Graft and corruption Airport.!!!!!

Yikes! Get the airport ready for the A-380????

Puleeze
:mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3:

I see money in there to expand the terminal parking lot at KAUS. Just what are they doing with the "profits" that are supposedly made off that parking lot? There's more for supposedly needed road signs. I don't see a lack of signage around here except for our business. Apparently, the two flight schools on the field aren't worthy of being noted. But, the FBOs are... barely. The only thing of the four I saw of value is the taxiway apron and the GA ramp improvement. But, everywhere I've taxied with a small plane looks pretty dang good. So, what's the money gonna get used for? I'll be looking.

How did Colorado Springs get so much to the exclusion of almost everyone else in CO?

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_03 Feb. 21 18.52.gif
    ScreenHunter_03 Feb. 21 18.52.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 11
Looks like everybody and his brother is getting a new hangar in CA. Why the f isn't some o' that gravy going to build hangars here? Specifically, at KLOM. More specifically, for me?!!!:mad3:

Wow... State of Wisconsin - Nothing. Got the shaft. :(

I did notice that there was money for a new airport (at least it looked like they meant a new airport) in Blackfoot, ID - The one comment was a naysayer, so I left a reply. Now, I see that they already have an airport (U02) so maybe it's just improvements. :dunno:

New York, New Jersey = nothing. Guess LGA, JFK, EWR are completely up-to-date.

How did Colorado Springs get so much to the exclusion of almost everyone else in CO?

Maybe it was devine intervention? After all they are closer to god in the Springs. :rolleyes:

Maybe, hopefully, a little of the CDOT stimulus money will dribble down to a few of the smaller airports and awos. Maybe just in the form of secondhand equipment...

On another, rather disgusting, note how much of the stimulus money is going for "security" fencing? What a waste...if we're just generating jobs let's at least do something that generates some revenue like hangar space.

Maybe it was devine intervention? After all they are closer to god in the Springs. :rolleyes:
Haha, yes. At the risk of sending this into the SZ, they are also one of the redder parts of CO so it seems like they would be more against the stimulus. :confused:

Back