mpartovi

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
mpartovi
open.file
:D

Haha, thats pretty good!!

I wonder if the guy in the 747 can even see him!!

I would hate to think the "heavy" pilot heard:

"Burges tower...Cessna 713CK...ahh...we're gonna need a progressive taxi"

What's great is the "professional" pilot isn't on the taxi CL, but the FLIB is.

united heavy, caution wake turbulence, departing cessna

Lalalalala. Ok right here looks like a good place for a runup. I'll just swing this puppy around into the wind and... :hairraise: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ahhh... reminds me of my trip to Dulles in a 152.
After landing:
"Cessna 221, next available taxiway please, no delay."
:hairraise:
--Kath

N2212R said:
What's great is the "professional" pilot isn't on the taxi CL, but the FLIB is.
I noticed that too but did you also see how neither is aligned with the CL? And look at the 747's rudder. Maybe they're both doing a rolling IFR check.

What I don't understand is just who is life a b**** for in this pic? What is a FLIB?

Troy Whistman said:
Somebody's got a fast shutter. The Cessna's prop looks stopped.
Maybe that's the b****. But the use of the telephoto lens foreshortens the depth of field to make it look like the 747 is crawling up the 172's behind. Actually, they are maybe 1/5th sm apart.

The prop is spinning. You can see the motion.

As far as stopping a prop with a camera, It's extremely easy. I have taken many pictures where the prop is completely stopped.

It would of course get more difficult with a telephoto lens as you would need a slower shutter speed .

LOL - I'm picturing it now:

"Kalita 2777, taxi to runway 24, follow the skyhawk."

"What skyhawk?"

Little mouse voice: "We're down here!"

Richard said:
I noticed that too but did you also see how neither is aligned with the CL? And look at the 747's rudder. Maybe they're both doing a rolling IFR check.

What I don't understand is just who is life a b**** for in this pic? What is a FLIB?
I know! I know! (I just asked on another thread somewhere...)

Freaking Little Itinerant Blip. The F doesn't stand for "freaking". The B may not stand for "Blip"

I am always amazed at the thickness of the 74's vertical stabilizer near the empennage....

-Skip

NickDBrennan said:
LOL - I'm picturing it now:

"Kalita 2777, taxi to runway 24, follow the skyhawk."

"What skyhawk?"

Little mouse voice: "We're down here!"
hahahahahahaha :rofl: That's good! I saw in one of the other comments and I agree, from the position of the photographer, it doesn't even look like the 747 pilot can even see the Cessna...and damn, those planes are flippin' huge!!! They don't look that big when they're next to 777's, L1011's, DC-10's and other airliners. Nothing like a visual comparison such as this to re-enforce that.

:hairraise: I think I've told this before. I was sitting short of the runway at HNL when tower cleared someone to position and hold on the same runway. The response was something like this. "Roger, do you want me to go over or around the Grumman in front of us?" How i managed to miss a DC10? taxiing up behind us I'll never know. What i remember very clearly is that it's a long way up from the cockpit of a Grumman Traveler to the cockpit of a heavy like that!

Back