Aint' got no gas in it

AcroGimp

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
AcroGimp
How about a lesson learned that combines incompetent aeronautical decision making (ADM), poor airmanship, an off airport landing, lack of comprehension of internal combustion engine basics, inadequate knowledge of the systems of an airplane, all Five Hazardous Attitudes, grade school level grammar and spelling errors, internet intrigue and name-calling, 72 point bold font internet yelling, and stereotypical bad-lawyer courtroom histrionics in an over-the-top thread even more entertaining than Pete's Checkride?

I give you - 'Gasses? We don't need no steenkin' gasses'

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64383

Alternate Title:

Barrister Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying About the Gas and Love (Hit) the Ground

'They are after your precious bodily fluids'

Enjoy! :D

'Gimp

Last edited:
Anyone who flys without gas,seems to me they want to be an organ donor. Thanks there shouldn't be a fire with no gas to burn. We can always use spare body parts.

Guess they didn't cover fuel unporting with nearly empty tanks.

Man I am so glad I ignored that guy.
Next thing we'll know the GA whole fleet will be labeled, "do not attempt to start unless you have been properly instructed".

It'll be the Ford Pinto operators' manual.
Nation of fools.

Man I am so glad I ignored that guy.
Next thing we'll know the GA whole fleet will be labeled, "do not attempt to start unless you have been properly instructed".

It'll be the Ford Pinto operators' manual.
Nation of fools.

It's the same attitude that says you should sue your doctor because "He didn't tell me not to jab a rusty knife into my abdomen!"

Folks, the other thread was closed for a reason. This one will get zapped too if it turns into another insult-fest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Folks, the other thread was closed for a reason. This one will get zapped too if it turns into another insult-fest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Holy crap! You guys finally canned it? Now what are we gonna do for entertainment?

Surprised that it went on so long. There are only so many ways to make the same point. I like to use this site for info gathering,helpful tips. Jmho

Surprised that it went on so long. There are only so many ways to make the same point. I like to use this site for info gathering,helpful tips. Jmho

Agreed. Let's wait to see how it plays out in court. There is nothing that hasn't been said already. Many times.

Dan

The affect of this one crazy lawsuit is already being felt. Lawyers have been hired and big $$$ will be spent. Our litigious pilot is gloating that his actions will lower the value of the #1 LSA aircraft, and he's prepared to make money "helping" the owners recover their losses with a class-action lawsuit. Aircraft manufacturers and dealers, mechanics and instructors are realizing that one whacko could destroy their lives... And questioning if it's worth it. This is really sad.

FWIW, I have never taken off in my 150 with less than 1/2 tanks and never landed with less than 1 1/4 hours of fuel remaining. I've always wondered about, and been afraid of unporting. Fuel pumps are everywhere, use 'em.

I can see how stronger than anticipated headwinds in a little kite like that can create a landing with a fuel emergecy, I don't see how it can create a takeoff with a fuel emergency.

AOPA has an article in this months AOPA pilot,on fuel regs.

Our favorite attorney is back and busy...
Daniel Bernath, an Oregon-based disability lawyer, Portlandia extra and all-around Internet personality, wrote on Facebook on Sept. 14 that he was “filing a class action lawsuit” to get Yelp to pay $273 per review and urging others to sign on. It’s not clear how Bernath is involved in the suit, since he’s not named in the filing, but it’s pretty clear that he’s close to it: the class-action's official webpage is registered to him, and he had all the details of the case in September, before it went public.

sling_blade.jpg

Our favorite attorney is back and busy...
Daniel Bernath, an Oregon-based disability lawyer, Portlandia extra and all-around Internet personality, wrote on Facebook on Sept. 14 that he was “filing a class action lawsuit” to get Yelp to pay $273 per review and urging others to sign on. It’s not clear how Bernath is involved in the suit, since he’s not named in the filing, but it’s pretty clear that he’s close to it: the class-action's official webpage is registered to him, and he had all the details of the case in September, before it went public.

I'm shocked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back