AIG aircraft Insurance

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
Do any of you have AIG's aircraft insurance, if so have you ever filed a claim with them. I have AIG and have contacted them for a claim, but have not received a call back. I am used to having adjusters call within 48 hours of the first contact just to find out what happened. What would be a reasonable time frame to wait before I call back? I know there have been a lot of storm damaged aircraft this week.

Dean...sorry about your aircraft and hangar. I don't know anything about AIG but I would call them again ASAP. You don't want to wait too long on something like this.

Have you talked to your agent? AIG is certainly one of the big boys. Sometimes they farm out the adjustement part of it. Your agent should be able to give you some insight.

Dave

Dean said:
Do any of you have AIG's aircraft insurance, if so have you ever filed a claim with them. I have AIG and have contacted them for a claim, but have not received a call back. I am used to having adjusters call within 48 hours of the first contact just to find out what happened. What would be a reasonable time frame to wait before I call back? I know there have been a lot of storm damaged aircraft this week.

WHICH AIG? USAIG or AIG? Believe it or not they are unrelated companies. I think I've had insurance from both.

I worked through my broker and had no hassle whatsoever.

mikea said:
WHICH AIG? USAIG or AIG? Believe it or not they are unrelated companies. I think I've had insurance from both.

I worked through my broker and had no hassle whatsoever.

I purchased my insurance through AOPA, the policy is from AIG. I called AOPA back and they said if I did not receive a call from them by friday, to call him back and he would check into it.

I also purchased insurance through AIG.
AOPA referred me to NationAir, which in turn underwrote the policy to AIG. (Go figure)
When I needed to make a prop strike claim, I called NationAir (the rep I paid my premium to). They said AIG would contact me within 24 hours.

They did not.. however, on follow-up a week later, I found out that the message was not delivered to AIG. On that note, AIG called me within a couple hours.
Also, AIG was very prompt about processing the claim. Mailed a few forms and they were settled with me within 4 weeks.

Overall, no complaints here..

I got a call today after contacting AOPA. They faxed me a form to fill out and had me take pictures of the damage and email them back. They want MY A&P to do an estimate and send it in. They promised to pay within just a few days of receiving the documents. I will give you an update on that.

Back