Ahmed Valve

whew is right!

At any rate, y'day eye was 32. Saw the surgeon and Tuesday I go back to the OR, he's going to give it a few flushes and see if that gets things moving. He said it looks good, it's in place, nothing is scarring around it... so he needs to take a closer look in the OR.

Back to the drawing board. This won't be as "bad" as the last one (not that the last one was all that bad).

whew is right!

At any rate, y'day eye was 32. Saw the surgeon and Tuesday I go back to the OR, he's going to give it a few flushes and see if that gets things moving. He said it looks good, it's in place, nothing is scarring around it... so he needs to take a closer look in the OR.

Back to the drawing board. This won't be as "bad" as the last one (not that the last one was all that bad).

Good luck! I hope everything turns out well.

I still get the heebie-jeebies thinking about someone poking around in/near my eye. My one experience was enough! If you get woozy around blood, they say "Just don't look at it!"... If you're skiddish around needles, they say "Just don't watch!"... If they're poking around on your eyeball and they don't put you under, you have choice to watch the whole thing! ha.

Been there, done that. You have my respect for going through it again!

Good luck! I hope everything turns out well.

I still get the heebie-jeebies thinking about someone poking around in/near my eye. My one experience was enough! If you get woozy around blood, they say "Just don't look at it!"... If you're skiddish around needles, they say "Just don't watch!"... If they're poking around on your eyeball and they don't put you under, you have choice to watch the whole thing! ha.

Been there, done that. You have my respect for going through it again!

Thanks! As long as this flush works, I'll be happy. If it doesn't, not good. I am so fricking sick and tired of dealing with this eye. It doesn't even work, and it has been propped up for years by meds and surgeries.

Thanks! As long as this flush works, I'll be happy. If it doesn't, not good. I am so fricking sick and tired of dealing with this eye. It doesn't even work, and it has been propped up for years by meds and surgeries.
Is a prosthetic something could be considered as an improvement so you do not have to deal with all of this?

whew is right!

I hope the flush works and that is not too uncomfortable a thing to go through. At the very least I hope they get you an answer as to why this happened again.

Is a prosthetic something could be considered as an improvement so you do not have to deal with all of this?

I think of that sometimes... but, I suppose as long as you can keep your own tissue alive you are better off... I also keep hoping one day they can figure out how to get the nerve ends to talk to each other...

I hope the flush works and that is not too uncomfortable a thing to go through. At the very least I hope they get you an answer as to why this happened again.

eh, I will be sedated and won't feel it. I'll know about it, but won't feel anything...

hahaha!

Thanks for the well wishes!

I was wondering the same thing actually... I really hope this isn't a semi-annual tuneup.

My eye doesn't even look all that bad. He had to cut a slit in it where the valve was placed, stick a tiny canula in it, and flush. and flush. He said at first he couldn't get it moving, but finally something broke free and then it irrigated properly.

hahaha!

He had to cut a slit in it where the valve was placed, stick a tiny canula in it, and flush. and flush. He said at first he couldn't get it moving, but finally something broke free and then it irrigated properly.

I'm really glad this worked, but I can hardly read that sentence without my eyes getting all watery. Yikes!!!

Hopefully this wont even become an annual thing, but a never again thing.:fcross:

I hope you don't have to go through such things on a regular basis. Once is more than enough.

The funny thing is, the worst part of this was the IV needle stick. I was out for the rest. Otherwise, a few days off work and I get to see my Mom. She drove down both times to watch over me, drive me in, etc.

Not that I want to do this repeatedly or anything.

I'm sorry to hear about all your eye troubles. Too bad it can't be sent in for a major overhaul...

Glad that the procedure worked! :)

I'm sorry to hear about all your eye troubles. Too bad it can't be sent in for a major overhaul...

Glad that the procedure worked! :)

Thanks Ted! Your post on my FB page made me laugh... I wrote "Success!" and you wrote "WIN!". Did you know it was about the eye surgery? hahaha

Thanks Ted! Your post on my FB page made me laugh... I wrote "Success!" and you wrote "WIN!". Did you know it was about the eye surgery? hahaha

I did know it was about the eye surgery! A "WIN!" is constituted as any positive even for which you can claim victory. Therefore, this is most definitely a win moment. Hopefully it stays that way for a long time! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back