After upgrade - error

ausrere

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Lisa
After the upgrade, while viewing a thread, there are two "New Posts" links on the bottom menu. Clicking on the left one gives an error:

"print_standard_error(...)
is now redundant. Instead, use
standard_error(fetch_error(...))"

ausrere said:
After the upgrade, while viewing a thread, there are two "New Posts" links on the bottom menu. Clicking on the left one gives an error:

"print_standard_error(...)
is now redundant. Instead, use
standard_error(fetch_error(...))"
Fixed! Sorry bout that!

Re: After upgrade - observation

Steve said:
It seems the "Posted in reply to" tag has been eliminated also...

Looks like I'm going to have to unlearn the recently acquired skills for viewing and marking posts read by forum.

Apparently I now have to actually read every post of every active thread in every active forum to get them to go away unless I mark all forums read...or wait 10 days.

But hey, the price is right..:yes:
I think if you just open the thread it marks it as read - I'm still learning on this one too. However, just so you know, I do have plans to make "New Posts" sort by forum again, and to add back in a "Mark forum read" link to the new posts category. Just haven't gotten there yet. :)

But you CAN mark an entire forum read at a time - enter that forum and click on the "Forum Tools" menu. :)

And "In reply to" is back now too. (Forgot to install that upgrade, sorry)

Yeah I haven't added the :allhailchuck: emoticon yet, sorry :)

Ok you can now mark individual forums as read from the New Posts list. (Or from any search.) Still working on sorting, but thats a project for another day. :)

G'nite all!

Re: After upgrade - observation

Greebo said:
However, just so you know, I do have plans to make "New Posts" sort by forum again....

I'd like to once again request that not be changed, or at least have it as an option for each user. I enjoy seeing the new posts sorted by the time the most recent post was made, not which forum it was in.

That's my request. If I am alone, I shall shut my mouth.

Also--at the bottom of the main forum page I see two boxes on the bottom with members in the chat. One says "flashchat" and the other just says "chat" but both show the exact same people in the same place; the chatroom.

Any reason why the 2 are down there?

Getting this error when trying to access the padi subscriptions part of the User CP
smigaldi, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: 1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? 2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Is that right? If it is where are people going to request the add on services?

That is definately wrong. I don't know why but I can't get to it either. I've submitted a request to jelsoft for advice.

hovering over pictures or attachments in posts gives the tooltip. There is an undefined argument listed there

Steve said:
Here's another one.

After marking all unread forums read, I can log off using the "Log Out" link in the upper right of the screen and get the "cookies cleared" dialog...but my name is still displayed in the upper right of the screen. Click on the "Log Out" link a second time and the name disappears.

:confused:
That is normal and appropriate behavior.

When you click "Log Out" and are taken to the log out screen, you are still logged in, and so the server knows who you are. Then it sends down the log out page which contains instructions to your browser to delete the cookies. Thats when you get logged out. (The state of being logged in is not maintained on the server, it is maintained on your computer.)

Hitting log out the 2nd time did nothing. As soon as you clicked *any* link after getting the logged out page, your name would vanish, because you'ld no longer have the cookie, and so the server would then have no idea who you were.

I believe in the previous version, it sent you a page to clear the cookies which then redirected you to the logged out page.

Which meant you made two trips to the server for one click. Works - but inefficient and bad for bandwith conservation.

Have you already cleared your cache and temp files?

Back