After Market Lap Top Batteries

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Toshiba Sattellite battery is going kaput, new battery from Toshiba is $129 +/- I can get on from an after market seller on Amazon for much much less, some with some pretty decent reviews. Was wonder what folks thought about these after market batteries?

Toshiba Sattellite battery is going kaput, new battery from Toshiba is $129 +/- I can get on from an after market seller on Amazon for much much less, some with some pretty decent reviews. Was wonder what folks thought about these after market batteries?

Some are good. Some not so much. The reviews and reputation of the seller are as important as the reviews of the batteries.

In my experience, sellers that have been around for a while and that sell batteries as their sole business (or a big part of their business), like Laptops for Less, are less likely to sell really bad batteries. I've had good experiences with that company over the years. I suppose they just don't want the aggravation or the reputation hit that would result from selling bad batteries because that's a major part of their business. YMMV.

-Rich

I've also had good experiences with laptops for less over the years (also, newegg, from the other thread...).

Some are good. Some not so much. The reviews and reputation of the seller are as important as the reviews of the batteries.

In my experience, sellers that have been around for a while and that sell batteries as their sole business (or a big part of their business), like Laptops for Less, are less likely to sell really bad batteries. I've had good experiences with that company over the years. I suppose they just don't want the aggravation or the reputation hit that would result from selling bad batteries because that's a major part of their business. YMMV.

-Rich
This ^^^^^^^^

Back